romeo and juliet who? we only know jack and rose from the titanic

tam song wandered into the entrance of the large mansion behind the end of his family's property line. finally no longer under the dark night sky, he had no moon or starlight to guide him. 

but he knew this place very well. 

after all, he had been coming here nearly every day for years. it was only to use the fancy grand piano in one of the halls of the building, but still. he was familiar with the place. 

no one had ever caught him there only because no one had ever lived in the mansion yet. 

tam made his usual way down the hall, but bumped into something. frowning, he leaned down to realize it was a box. a large box, that was typically used when moving. 

paying no attention to it, he turned left into a corridor, and flipped a switch. a moment later, the hallway was dimly lit by lanterns attacked to the walls. the flickering orange lights led the way to the end of the hall, which opened into a large room. this large room had a hidden staircase, one that only he knew about. 

he descended the steps, coming to a wide area. in the center of said area, was the grand piano tam loved to play. 

it wasn't that he didn't have his own piano. no, his parents had bought him one a few years back. it was just that he delighted in the way this particular piano sounded. the way the rich, melodic sound of his fingers pressing the keys echoed across the open space. 

tam stepped into the room, carefully pulling out the stool before sitting on it. he cracked his knuckles, stretched his arms and then hovered his fingers over the white and black keys. 

biana vacker rose from a fitful sleep.

she had been tossing and turning all night, unable to get any form of real sleep. it was a side affect from being in an unfamiliar house. 

rubbing her eyes, biana sat up on her bed and cast a sleepy glance at the digital clock on her nightstand. it was a few minutes past midnight, which explained her tiredness. she wanted to go back to sleep, but knew that it would be futile to try; once she was awake, she was awake. there was no going back to sleep. 

knowing this, she stood up, straightening her nightgown-- it had gotten all crumpled up while she slept-- and exited her new bedroom. 

biana tiptoed down the hall; her brother and parents were only a few doors away, and would surely wake up if they thought she was out of bed. 

faintly, she could hear the sound of a piano playing from downstairs, but shook her head. no, she was tired and sleepy and just imagining things. after all, why on earth would someone be playing the piano at midnight? it simply didn't make any sense. 

but as much as she tried to ignore it, the beautiful sound of the piano kept coming back to her ears. biana had tried to go to the balcony, but the piano playing was louder there.