the start of something real and new

Start from the beginning

"so? just because you don't doesn't mean that i can't."

why was he being so nonchalant about this? biana's mind screamed.

"as your fiancée," she pointed out snootily, "i have a right to know what you're doing at a given time."

"as a regular human being," he shot back, just as snootily, "i have the right to privacy. especially during my private, personal time."

there it was again, those three words. her nose stung and her heart ached as her mind jumped to conclusions of what he was doing in his private, personal time.

tam song wasn't like her. she had fallen for him during their four-year engagement. she had fallen hard, only realizing it when he was practically ignoring her for a month. this month.

but he was another story. he couldn't possibly have fallen for her. he would never let himself do such a thing. not since he hated his parents, and they had fixed his marriage with her, and therefore he probably hated-- or, at the very least, disliked-- her too.

that realization made it all come tumbling out of biana's mouth. "fine, then. you do whatever you want. stay out till' whatever time you want and i won't care anymore. not since it's your 'private, personal time'. i won't worry about you being drugged, or drunk, or hurt or dying in a ditch somewhere! i won't!"

"biana--" tam started, but she put her hand out.

"don't try to placate me now, tam song." her nostrils flared in her anger. "i'm done. i'm done trying so hard only for it to be brushed aside by you, because you don't even care that i-," she stopped abruptly.

"that you what?" he asked softly, even though he looked absolutely done with her lecture-turned-rant.

biana's eyes widened as she realized that she was going to tell him that she loved him. "that i read your diary?" she finished lamely, thinking that it wouldn't work.

but, tam leapt to his feet. "it's a journal!" he corrected, looking thoroughly annoyed.

in shock, biana burst into laughter. "you- you have a diary?" she questioned, her perfectly-plucked eyebrows knitting together.

"journal," he grumbled, but nodded slowly. then his silvery-blue eyes narrowed at her. "hold on a moment-- you didn't actually read it, did you?"

"ye- yes i did!" biana insisted. "and now i now all your deepest, darkest secrets!" she declared.

his eyes narrowed further, but before he could argue, a loud thud sounded from upstairs.

"oi!" biana yelled, looking (and feeling) quite irritated. "keep it down, will you?"

"you keep it down!" fitz's breathless voice came from up the stairs.