Chapter 2 - Information Runner

The next morning, he went to the small market and stood in the corner. This was the place he would usually find work.

People come to him to find information and he would happily find it for them. Even if the information was illegal, he would easily find it using different means.

He stood and stood for a long time, but he was not getting any gigs. Sighing, he climbed over to a nearby terrace and pulled out his phone. "Hmm, let's see if this solar charger works." he plugged his phone in and waited patiently.

In just second he heard a small chime of the phone charging. "Whoa, two packets of noodles are so worth it." he switched it on and opened his gallery.

There was nothing spectacular there. Just a few selfies of his and his parents' pictures, but what he wanted was not these.

He thoroughly searched until he found the folder he wanted. The small hidden folder was named AOT. "Finally I get to see some action," he clicked on a random episode. "Oh my god, I can finally watch my darling Eren,"

As he watching he slowly spoke out each of the dialogues in tune with the characters. "Eren Jaeger!" he loudly shouted.

"Hump childish." A small voice whispered.

Zou Yue felt a long shadow on his face, hiding the sun completely. He carelessly looked up.

A pretty lady in blood red dress stood in front of him. Her beautifully styled hair fluttered behind her as she peered down at him.

"What do you need, young miss?"

"I want you to find information on someone," she said, and handed him her phone. It was the newest model iPhone. He carefully held it and glanced at the photo. "His name is Fan Xui,"

"You want me to find to about our leader?" he confusedly whispered. He had gotten many requests, but this was the weirdest of them all. "All his information is widely know n to the public," he said and gave her back the phone.

"No, I want deeper information on him. Make sure to find out what he likes and dislikes. What he likes to eat, what he does when he wakes up? I need them all," she said, with her eyes narrowed.

Somehow Zou Yue felt a weird vibe from her. 'Should I accept it or not?' while he was contemplating it the lady threw out a few packets of bread and instant noodles. He nervously held them in his hand.

"This is just an advance. If you finish the job well, I will give you twenty loaves of bread and ten packets of instant ramen," she said with a wide smile.

"Deal, come collect the information three days from now," he whispered, and hugged the food tight to his chest.
When the girl finally left, he tore a packet of bread and scoffed down a handful. "So much food for just this simple task? Darn La Trexa might have wished me luck,"

After having some more of bread he carefully hid the food inside his clothes. He crushed the noodle packet and made sure it was easy to store. As for the bread, he sat on it so that it was deflated and stuffed it inside the holes of his old torn padded jacket.

"Let's get to work, shall we," he stood up and stretched his tight muscles. The wound on his leg had already healed and the scratches on his hand scabbed over. He scratched them off to reveal milk white skin underneath.

Zou Yue panicked at this. "No, no, no, But I took so much effort to suntan." he bent down and smeared black dirt all over his white hands. Even so, the newly healed skin remained pink and flawless. "Fuck,"

Being weak and beautiful is the greatest danger in this new world. He poured some water into the dirt and continued smearing it on his hands until he was almost muddy.