Gay. 🫂💙🐟📖🫐🔵🎁 [1]

*Please read description before continuing

H

Ah. June first, Wednesday morning. The beginning of Pride Month. "Eda, do you know where you put the keys?" A Latinx asked, bunking her head on the counter.

She winced at the pain, rubbing her head as she looked around. Spotting the woman with a grey shirt, black pants, similar to the Latinx, her orange hair up in a ponytail, she repeated her question. "Eh. Not my problem." She shrugged. "Figure it out Luz."

"You opened the store!" The latinx argued.

Eda hummed, sipping on her coffee, then shrugged again. "Could be in my hair."

"Check, if you please." The girl sighed.

Eda reached in to her hair, feeling around, pulling something that jingled out, tossing it over. "There you go Luz."

She hummed, "Okay, did Hooty finish up in the back?" Luz asked.

Eda shrugged, sipping on her coffee, "I didn't go to the back."

Luz sighed, rubbing her eyes, "King!"

A boy rushed over, adjusting his cap, "Yeah?"

"Still don't know why an eight year old works here- Go put the sign out."

He stuck his tounge out at her, angrily making his way to the front. He then kicked the door open, dragging a sign with him, positioning it out front. "I did it!" He huffed.

"Now turn on the lights.." Luz pried.

He returned inside, going to the window, clicking a button, the open light flickering on. "There."

"Now go put on some shoes!"

King looked down at his feet, rushing to the back room, Luz sighing. "You have first shift kid." Eda spoke as she walked to the back.

Luz glared back at her, "At least stay and manage?"

Eda shook her head, continuing to the back, Luz glancing back down at the counter. "Okay. I got this."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

She has not got this. Luz had to make a maximum limit, a line out in front, and try to manage this all by herself. "Hey, ready?" Luz asked, going behind the counter.

The male nodded furiously, dropping his things on the counter, standing them upright to make the tags easier to scan. Luz slid them over, "Want a bag or do you want to put it in the one you bought?" Luz asked, signaling to the Ferric Man tote.

He hummed, "In the one I bought, it is for me anyways." He smiled.

Luz nodded, taking the plastic off the tote, placing the objects inside, taking the glass cup, wrapping that in paper, and putting it in as well. "$27.89."

He pulled out his mini wallet, a girl coming over, showing him something. He awhed at it, "This too, if you don't mind?" He stepped back, letting the girl hand it to Luz.

It was a MLM themed bag, about the size of a kids backpack, but this was for outings and what not. Luz took it, scanning the tag, clicking something on her screen, putting that in the bag, then she clicked on something else. "$47.61." Luz finalized.

He took out his credit card, putting it in the chip, humming quietly as he waited, then input his password. It beeped happily, the male taking his card out, putting it in his tiny wallet. Luz took the receipt and a coupon, "In two weeks, we're doing a small pride design type of thing where we show off cool designs and you guys get to decide if you'd like to see it in the store." Luz said, putting the coupon and receipt in the bag.

The girl hummed, "You make designs to show?"

Luz nodded, "Yeah, most of it is frog stuff for the lesbians, cottage core, stuff like that. One of my co-workers is doing custom pride flags, like adding glitter, mixing them with other flags, putting your name on it, the coupon I gave you is for it. It's around thirty (30) bucks since he uses his own time to do these but the coupon is about seven dollars off."

The male ooed, "That's awesome!!" He cheered, taking his stuff. "We'll definitely be back for that, thanks!"

Luz saluted, "Have a great day you two, see you then!"

They waved, both leaving the store, Luz waving the next person over. "So how was your day?"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Four hours in, first complaint. "This is outrageous!"

Luz sighed sharply, "Ma'am, I don't give a damn if you hate the pride stuff that's up. I'm gay, the owner is gay, we're gay. THIS IS NORMAL."

The woman fanned herself, "This is blasphemy! You can't do this!"

"It's also Pride Month ma'am, we are legally allowed to put this up."

The woman paused, "I fully support! One hundred percent! Have a lovely day!" She smiled sweetly, skipping out the store.

Luz rubbed her neck nervously, "It's always those types of people.."

"Excuse me?" A feminine voice chimed in.

Luz flinched, turning back, "Ah- Yes?"

"Can you move the line? It's blocking Claire's." The greenette said.

"Is it? I'll go change that, King!" Luz called out.

The boy got on the counter, "WHAT!?"

"Manage the counter I'll be back!"

He gave her a thumbs up before going back down, Luz quickly leaving the store. The greenette followed, Luz finding the start of the line, "Can you guys move to the other side!?" Luz shouted.

The crowd murmured amongst one another, recalling who was behind and in front, then switched sides. "It's pointless. Claire's is stupid.."

The greenette huffed, Luz patting her head, "Get out of line, if you don't mind." Luz smiled too sweetly for comfort.

He drew back, "Uh, I do mind!"

"Claire's is a good store on its own, I still shop there! They give good hair clips, they're so cute-"

"Claire's is stupid! It's for girls!"

"Then why don't you go in?" Luz hissed.

The line ooed, the male huffing, scam- pering off before he got embarrassed further. "..Thanks." The greenette mumbled.

Luz lightly shrugged, "It's no biggie, it is my fault for not considering your store. Sometimes I forget the exits/ entrances are so close, I'm sorry." Luz clasped her hands together, bowing her head. "Entirely my fault, but you can scold me later! I need to restock the pride merch. So please excuse me." Luz spoke before quickly going back inside.

The greenette giggled, walking towards Claire's, opening the door and going in. "What's got you all happy Ame's?" The crimson haired girl behind the counter teased.

"I think I found our savior.."

"Ooh~ Gonna tell me?~"

The greenette scoffed, "Never."

The door opened again, a little boy with his mother coming in, "Back to work." The crimson haired girl sighed sharply. "Good afternoon, need any help?"

To be gay-tinued.