18

Harry's POV:

Eventually Louis falls asleep in my lap, and I let out a big breath that I didn't know I was holding in. What the heck happened to him?

After I had sent him to the elevator I went straight into my office and grabbed my things, wanting to get back to him as quick as I could. But once I was back into the main room of the office, Louis was no where to be found.

Of course I starting freaking out at the thought that something could have happened to him or someone could have taken him. I thought he wouldn't of left because I told him to stay on this floor.

So I then quickly searched all over the office, checking everyone's desks, all of the bathrooms, really just in any place I could think of. But once I couldn't find him, I started to freak out even more.

I ran to the elevator and try to get downstairs as fast as I could, really just hoping he got impatient and wanted to go home and that nothing bad happened.

I left the building with haste and as my panicked eyes scoured the space. Once I found Louis in the car, I calmed down a bit. But after I saw how upset he was, I became even more worried than I was in the beginning.

But I just don't understand what happened. I was gone for only a few minutes, what could have happened to him? I feel extremely guilty, I shouldn't of left him alone at all. I wonder if somebody said something to him? Or maybe he just panicked over something.

My poor baby. When I found him he looked so hurt and scared, and I tried my best to make it better but I don't how I can make him feel fully better if I don't know what happened. He was having a full blown panic attack, if it lasted much longer he probably could have passed out.

After I take a few minutes to sulk in my own guilt, I pull out my phone to call one of my drivers to take us home so I don't have to let go of Louis.

After the short drive home, I thank my driver before carrying Louis up into the penthouse, greeting my security on the way up. I bring him up to my room and lay him down on the bed, before pulling the blanket over his body which just swallows him completely.

He looks absolutely perfect, so tiny, with his cheeks tinted a light pink color, his lips parted as let's put tiny little snores, and his feathery hair messed up from me running my hands through it so much.

I kiss a slow loving kiss on his warm cheek before leaving the room, letting him rest. He didn't sleep well the entire time he was in the hospital, and last night he didn't sleep great either, just tossing and turning a bunch.

He still needs his rest, even though he was discharged from the hospital, he isn't fully healed in every sense of the word. I still see him wince in pain sometimes when he moves too quickly, and his cuts and scrapes haven't all healed over.

Once I'm out of the room, it crosses my mind that I didn't even fire Clair today. Me making sure Louis was alright was about a million times more important than that stupid bitch. I don't really like to use that word about women, but trust me, in this case it necessary.

I pull out my computer and begin to right a long professional email to Clair, letting her know that she isn't to step back into the office again. She was completely rude to Louis this morning, she looked at him like he killed someone or something, making me want to kill her.

Up until today, It actually kind of slipped my mind that she even worked for me anymore. I mean lord, she isn't even good at her job. I can't remember the last time she sent me my correct schedule.

I send off the email, not even caring enough to wait for a response. She's no longer my responsibility.

As soon as I close my laptop, I hear quiet little footsteps running across the house, grabbing my attention. The footsteps quickly move from the bedroom into what sounds like the bathroom with a door slam.