twenty six

Smeared Blank

Sending the last few messages to both Itadori and Kugisaki, you immediately closed your cellphone as you heard steps approaching you

The cast, dark cloak above you showed no signs of any stars, only illuminated by the pale crescent moon. The icy air brushed past your cheeks, silence huddling between the trees as you hid in between them.

You sneaked a glance towards the moving figure, noticing Fushiguro walk past you. He slid down the steep muddy trail to the underneath of the bridge, not noticing you silently following him. Suddenly, you noticed a familiar presence. Two of them.

Turning around, you couldn't help but let out a grin as Kugisaki and Itadori followed behind, walking right next to you. Quietly sliding down, you watched as Kugisaki placed her hand onto Fushiguro's shoulders, his eyes fixated onto the moon and lost in thought. Catching Fushiguro by surprise, Kugisaki sighed in exasperation.

"You tell us too little about yourself."

Fushiguro gritted his teeth, clicking his tongue as he listened to Kugisaki continue.

"You seriously must be at your wits' end if you hadn't notice us until now."

Itadori followed after, tone coated with worry.

"We're not saying you have to tell us everything, but at least rely on us. We're friends, aren't we?"

You softly nodded your head, agreeing with what the two of them had said,

"We'll listen to you. After all, we're here for you."

Fushiguro's dark hair fluttered in the cool night breeze, hesitant at what he had to say. Silence overwhelmed the atmosphere, before he finally explained himself.

"Tsumiki..."

He glanced away, uneasiness showing on his face.

"...is in a coma."

As the three of you stood in bewilderment. Fushiguro's weary eyes swept over the three of you, seemingly more frigid than usual.

"The curse of Yasohachi Bridge only appears before its victims. Since she can't communicate, I have no idea when she'll be killed by it."

Fushiguro's eyes were glued onto the muddy ground scattered with withered leaves, his heart heavy with each word he said aloud.

"That's why I want to exorcise it right away. But it's true that our mission's danger level has increased..."

"Okay, okay, we get it now," Kugisaki interrupted, crossing her arms as you and Itadori walked beside her.