twenty three

The More You Know

Once Inumaki had bid you a goodnight with a warm smile and left, you simply waved him off with a grin

Once Inumaki had bid you a goodnight with a warm smile and left, you simply waved him off with a grin. But even despite that, you remembered the heavy responsibility on your shoulders. Locking the creaking wooden door, you whispered softly under your breath.

"Akane."

Suddenly, you heard the faint voice of the curse from the back of your mind.

"I'm gonna puke," Akane grumbled, barely loud enough for you to hear.

You ignored her, holding your hand up high as you laid on the warm bed. You gazed at the crimson painted nails, asking Akane,

"What exactly is this for?"

"Cursed... Cursed..." Akane cursed under her breath,

"Damn, why are names so hard to remember now?"

You took a guess, sighing as you rested your eyes.

"A cursed technique?"

Akane softly gasped, making you chuckle a little. With pride, she stated out the use.

"Yes! You can use it to activate that."

"But what exactly does it do?"

Silence filled the room as the cursed spirit pondered, searching for the right words.

"Currently, you don't have all your cursed energy with you. It's too much for your body to handle."

"So it's split between us both?" You asked, tilting your head.

"That's right. I possess half of your original cursed energy," Akane replied, continuing,

"When you activate your cursed technique, I'll lend you myself and you'll regain all of it."

You wondered to yourself how much cursed energy you possessed, turning your left hand to its palm.

"Cursed techniques require cursed energy to work. But what if the flow of cursed energy is blocked?" Akane asked, catching your interest.

"They won't be able to use cursed techniques?"

"Correct. Instead of your standard lame "stealing" mechanism, you can control its flow with your technique."

"Lame...?"

"Lame."

You snickered, turning to face the pale moonlight. With a sigh, you continued poking fun at her,

"You're just jealous you can't blast people away."

Akane clicked her tongue, snapping at you.

"What are you, a Superman rip-off? And also, your painted nails'll grow longer and stronger."

"Anything else?"