fifth grade wedding planners

December 5th, 2010Wallstone Elementary, Haerin11:40 am

December 5th, 2010
Wallstone Elementary, Haerin
11:40 am

"you're still gonna marry junghwan!?" jinae and yeona exclaimed at the same time as the girl in front of them smiled cheekily. "i really like him. we're going to have the wedding in the field in a week." she beamed.

for explanation, seo junghwan had proposed to han noori about a week ago. it wasn't real of course, but when you're fifth graders and have nothing better to do at recess, you play house and get married randomly.

"wah, you are really doing this." jinae said in awe, folding her arms. "why not!? i think it's cute, do you have any dresses?" yeona pouted, looking back at noori with an expectant look. "well i have a purple one with puffy sleeves i could wear. or i have a few flowers tank top dresses i could wear with a cover." she suggested.

"of course you two will be my bridesmaids, as well as byeol and bitna. oh and ryujin and seomin." she continued on, going looks from both yeona and jinae. "bitna and seomin agreed?" jinae voiced what they were both thinking.

"i convinced them to." noori shrugged casually. the bell than rang, indicating they had to get to their lines so they could wait for their teachers to come and take them to their classes.

"junghwan and noori sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g." the children in their line sang to the girl in the opposite line. nooris class line was right across from mrs. daes class line, and most of nooris and junghwans friends were in the same spots as them so it was only natural that they'd tease.

"how much do you think the wedding will cost?" park jay asked playfully, messing with a water puddle someone had made on the blacktop. "however much, i'll pay for everything." yeona spoke up, playing along.

"me too, we can pay together." chenle smiled at the girl, offering her a high five to which she accepted. "well pay for the reception and even plan it." yeona boasted.

"i say we do a white and gold theme like regular weddings are?" the younger boy suggested. "it's up to the bride." the brown haired girl flushed at the sudden realization she was actually interacting with chenle.

the boy hadn't made much of an effort to actually make friends with her. the only sort of interaction he'd initiated had been whenever he'd laugh at her with his friends or call her out to say stupid stuff that typical 9 year old boy would.

but yeona had gained a small crush on the boy. she didn't know exactly how or why, but he was sweet and caring when he wanted to be. maybe it was the way he laughed or the way he joked around, all she knew is that she had a crush and she didn't care enough to stop it at all.

so being able to interact with him like this made her feel content.

"so are we friends now?" yeona questioned as they made their way back to their class in a single file line. "weren't we friends before?" he didn't look back at her, but she could tell he was raising his brows in the way he always did when asking simple questions.

"well you acted like we weren't so i just assumed." she shrugged, kicking the rocks that came in her path, careful not to kick them in his direction. "guess i shouldn't assume." she said teasingly, ruffling the boys hair as they walked.

i keep wanting to write the guys name this is based off of bye also this whole scene is based off of true events, my fifth grade year was.. definitely something lmao