Beginning and Ending

Start from the beginning

"Of course you can."

"Do you love my daddy?"

Dominique jaw drops, she wasn't expecting that but with the bond Roger and Alice have she shouldn't be surprised that they both protect each other, "Um... I think I do, yeah, though it's still early days. I think your dad wants me and you to get on before he takes our relationship further."

"Hmm... okay just don't break his heart. He's more sensitive than he lets on," She whispers the last bit since Roger comes back down.

"What you two whispering about?" Roger eyes Alice suspiciously.

"Nothing," Alice pretends to be innocent.

"Hmm... didn't seem like nothing, Dom?" He tries to turn the table and Alice wonders if Dominique will back her up.

This is a test and Dominique knows it's a good way to gain Alice's trust, "Oh, I don't share secrets besides its girl talk, nothing to concern yourself with."

"Girl talk huh? Right, I see how it is, " He pretends to be hurt but honestly he's glad Alice has another woman to talk to.

Dominique laughs, "So what's the plan for today?"

"Now that's up to Alice, we have three options. Bowling, the cinema or the zoo."

"It's raining," Alice pouts out, "So... cinema?"

"How about we go to the cinema then we have a girly shopping spree?" Dominique suggests.

Alice frowns, "I've never done a shopping spree?"

The older woman's jaw drops, "Are you telling me that your dad, famous Queen drummer has never taken you on a shopping spree?"

"Nope."

Gasping Dominique raises an eyebrow at Roger and he shrugs, "Nope, no girly shopping sprees."

"Well, that needs changing. Roger, love, you are slacking, bring your card," She takes Alice's hand and they head outside to Roger's car. Roger knew better than to argue and does as he is told.

The cinema ended up forgotten about and they got started on their shopping spree, Roger doesn't really mind paying for it, it's money well spent when it's helping his daughter and hopefully future girlfriend to bond.

He follows them around going shop to shop, one bag after another adding to what he's carrying but the rain outside soon eased up and Alice decided she would like to go to the zoo. They put the bags into the car and make their way to London Zoo.

Alice is glad she put her camera in the car because know it's around her neck ready to take photos of the animals. She runs over to the lion enclosure but as she gets closer to the wall she realises she can't see over the top, "Oh, I'm too short."

Before Roger can even move forward to pick his daughter up, Dominique does it for him, Alice kneels against the wall and she holds her in place looking over her shoulder, "Show me your camera skills then."

Roger watches on, smiling as Alice shows Dominique how to adjust the camera and the right angle to get some good shots.

Despite the pair meeting before he wasn't too sure how they'd get on but seeing them together he realises he doesn't need to worry, they'll get on fine if things become serious.

------

December 1976

It's coming close to midnight, Roger had not long fallen asleep and Alice was out for the count hours ago. That's until a sudden banging at the front door wakes them both up, Biscuit parking and growling.

Roger looks out his window but does not see who's stood there because it's pouring with rain, "Who is it, daddy?" Alice stands in the doorway of his room looking scared.

"I don't know, monkey. Don't worry your safe, stay up here, please." He runs down the stairs shushing Biscuit as he continues to bark at the door.

He pecks through the peephole before flinging the front door open, "Freddie," He sighs in relief, "Do you have any idea what time it is?"

"Yes and if you hadn't noticed it's raining cats and dogs out here, are you going to let me in lovie?" The poor singer is drenched from head to toe.

The drummer steps aside letting him in and shuts the door again, "I am sorry I woke you though. I hope I didn't scare Alice, you're a good guard dog," Freddie fusses Biscuit.

"No, she's alright but what's going on Fred?"

"It ended, mine and Mary's relationship."

"Because of..."

"Yes," Freddie had been fighting his feels for men for a while now but he needed someone to talk to and he knew Roger would keep to himself.

"I'm sorry mate. Do you need somewhere to stay?"

"Just for tonight. Mary is collecting up her stuff in the morning and moving back in with her dad for a while."

"Well your welcome to the sofa, we don't have a spare bed."

"He can have mine and I'll sleep in your bed," Alice's small voice comes from the top of the stairs, rubbing her tired eyes, dressed only in her nightie.

Freddie smiles, "You don't have to give up your bed, lovie. I'm perfectly happy on the sofa."

"No, she's right mate, have her bed, she can sleep in my bed. It's only one night."

Freddie is too tired to argue so agrees, kissing Alice's cheek as he follows him up the stairs. Alice and Biscuit join Roger in his bed.

I'm sorry this is a short chapter, guys, I had real writer's block and it took me a few days to write it.

I don't think this book is going to be as long as the previous two Queen books I've written but we'll see how it goes. The next few chapters are going to jump ahead a little.

The next update is Thursday.