Mako wanted to follow Korra to help his brother but he knew better than to argue with her at this time. He ran towards the group of police, creating a blast of fire in both his hands as one mecha tank shot an explosion on the cannon, dodging it just in time.

Korra blew air to give her leverage to jump right on top of one mecha tank and bent the road on its feet, tumbling it in the process and punching the arm to dislocate it. She pulled the head, opening a latch and showing a person wearing what seems to be the same as the uniform of the two, who are now trying to dodge their way out of the tank's punches and blasts.

She punched the guy in the head and pulled him out of his chair. Korra pushed him against the tank, but he's now unconscious. She might've punched him a little too firmly.

Korra left the guy near the tank and went on to save the two from the death machine, who hadn't stopped terrorizing them. On her periphery, the police have a good hold of the other tanks and seem to have them under control. But, for some reason, they appear to be not fighting back.

As she ran from behind the last mecha tank, who seemed to be the troop leader, it pointed in her direction, and Korra jumped just in time to dodge the blast.

She landed on a pile of rubble. She was about to wave and call for help when she saw a woman wearing a suit running at full speed towards the tank. Asami.

Korra's heart fluttered as she watched in awe how beautiful Asami is with her hair tied back and her electric glove sizzling as she did a backflip, similar to the one she did in Ba Sing Se and electrocuted one arm of the tanks. But then, she realized she was just standing there, so she went and helped stop the mecha tank from murdering the two worn-out guys hiding in the dumpsters.

It took them a while to stop the literal killing machine. Finally, Asami dismantled its limbs and Korra earthbending its feet to solidify the tank's position. The operator had other plans though, as he ejected from his seat, jumping in the air for a good five meters and landed with a loud thud, a controller in his hand as he taunted Korra.

Asami attacked first but was met with a hard earth block on her gut and was thrown back, landing on her back. Thank Raava Korra was able to move too as she air bent the remote away from the man's hand, but his other hand was able to raise a lump of earth that tripped Korra in the process.

The remote might've been really important, Korra thought as he ran to retrieve it. She heard Asami screaming in the background about how,

"Bomb! The remote! Get away from the mecha tanks!"

It all happened too fast. The guy was able to get to the remote first with his long legs and he looked at her with a smug expression. Even though she couldn't hear what he was saying, Korra read the man's mouth as clear as day, "All hail the Great Uniter."

Korra stood there, paralyzed and unable to move, realizing too late what had happened. Then, she felt a strong pull on one of her arms from behind and she just let it pull her and hit the ground.

Asami and Korra drove quietly back to the Sato Estate. Korra can feel the tension in the air as she sneaks a look in Asami's way. She fidgeted her fingers, not knowing what to do. Then, she noticed the patch of black marks on her pants and a couple of holes below her blue vest.

The blast of all the mecha tanks in the intersection has caused her ears to ring up to now. It's slowly fading, but the look on the man's eye as he pressed the button to destruction gave Korra chills.

There were no remains of the pilots navigating the mecha tanks. There are huge chunks of debris scattered around the road, another problem that will trouble Korra in the morning when Raiko demands to speak with her and command her to fix it. The police force was able to barricade the area and Lin ordered them to come to her office to ask what the hell happened and question the two green uniformed men who seemed to have led the destruction into the city.