becoming the sun you needed

En başından başla

———

"Miss Gilbert?" Little Johnny says. "When are we going to sing the learning song today?"

"Sorry, not today Johnny. I'm not feeling to well today." The teacher says with a frown.

"Well I hope you feel better." Little Johnny says with a smile.

———

The rest of the day goes by fast and soon Miss Gilbert is saying goodbye to the kids.

"Goodbye everyone! Remember to do your homework!" She says while waving her hand goodbye to everyone.

Miss Gilbert turn back into the classroom to find Harlem still in the class.
"Harlem you can leave you know. I know how much you like leaving early." She says confused on why her TA was still here. It's not like he got detention today.

"Oh uh, actually Imma stay in here and help grade papers because, uh no offense, you kinda look like shit right now Miss G."

Shocked by Harlem's words, Miss Gilbert quickly shakes it off. "Yeah, I probably do look really bad right now. Thank you Harlem for helping, this day has been a bit... difficult."

"W-well it's no big deal, just don't expect it daily." Harlem stammers with a slight blush creeping on his face.

"I appreciate the help Harlem. Though I might take a break tomorrow. Harlem, you wouldn't mind showing the substitute teacher the way around the place right?" The tired teacher suggests innocently.

Harlem stares at the red haired teacher. "You mean watch those annoying kids?"

"Well yes and no, I expect the sub to do that. However I do want you to help to since you do know the learning song."

"There's no way you'll get me to sing in front of them."

"Great, I'll tell the sub in the lesson plan that you know the plans." As she puts a sticky note on her lesson plan and writes 'The TA, Harlem knows'

"Uh huh......wait what?"

———

Today was the day where everything goes shit.

Harlem walks up to the classroom late as always. He hears kids muffled conversations and a undistinguishable voice.

Harlem braced himself and opened the door

Oh.

It's a geezer.

Harlem smiles.
'Oh this will be fun.' He thought.

Harlem found out that the geezer's name was Mr. Caesar.
He later decided to call him Caesar the Geezer.

Mr. Caesar was a middle aged man in his late 50s, with a rather cranky mood.
And Harlem did not like him, but then again Harlem doesn't like many people.

"Uh Mister Caesar, can I use the bathroom?" says Jenny, the girl known for having accidents.

"No." Caesar the Geezer says in a dull voice.

"Please?" The girl says more desperately.

"No." He says annoyed

This conversation catches Harlem's attention whilst he makes spit balls to shoot at the sub.