Chapter 12: The Villainess and The Heroine

"Ashera, that little bitch." A beautiful elf with long, flowy dark hair whispered, biting her nail anxiously. The whole elven kingdom erupted in chaos when the Prince had suddenly began a search party for Ashera, making a pretty big deal out of it. Why does the prince suddenly care about that elf? Wasn't he trying to avoid her?

Meanwhile, another elf with snow-colored hair and twinkling blue eyes gazed down. She heard Rosalyn's bitter mumblings about Ashera. The two of them were inside a the castle, the window glass art creating a solemn yet dangerous atmosphere among all the female elves in the hall.

A few marriage candidates were gathered in that hallway, confused and bitter.

They were also wondering why a common elf like Lily was here with them.

She remained quiet.

The main focus was on Ashera, so they left Lily alone. Out of everyone, Ashera was the least likely candidate to win the Prince's favor, so how did it turn out like this? Is the prince only doing this to reassure Ashera's family? That has to be it.

Whilst the royal elves discussed, Lily recalled what happened to the prince that night.

He had woken up, furious yet the same time. There was a conflicted feeling that could be seen through the prince's eyes. Lily is one of the many maids of the castle and she was the one who Ruven called that night.

--

"Lily!!"

"Your highness, what happened!?" Lily rushes inside the prince's room. Ruven was on the bed, who just finished getting into a decent attire, a shirt and pair of pants. Ruven's eyes were burning in rage, his entire body was trembling.

"Where is Ashera?"

"Lady Ashera?"

"Did you see her?"

"No, I did not see her..."

"Damn that woman...."

"Your highness...What happened-"

"Don't ask, just please...Stay here with me." Ruven whispered, lowering his head. He took Lily's hand and held her tightly, leaning his head against her shoulder. Lily froze on the spot, why was his highness doing this all of the sudden? What happened to him that reduced him to such a state?

And two sat together in silence, holding one another tightly.

--

After that, the prince didn't look angry anymore. He calmed down, but looked confused instead. What exactly happened between them? Ashera and Ruven.

What happened that night?

Lily couldn't help but worry about the man she secretly loved the most.

"I don't get why his highness is so fixated with that elf!" Rosalyn complained, stomping her foot angrily.

"She's more annoying than you, Rosalyn, I'll give you that." An elf comments blankly.

"Shut your mouth, Clarisse!" Rosalyn growled, sending a threatening glare at the blue-haired elf. Clarisse had no reaction to Rosalyn's look, she didn't fear her at all.

"It's almost been a year and his highness is still trying to find that girl! I bet she's already dead in a ditch somewhere-" Before Rosalyn could finish her words, she saw a familiar face approaching them.

It was the Prince.

"What were you saying?" Ruven asked, his eyes dark and his footsteps heavy. All the elves within vicinity bowed down almost immediately, they did not dare to look him in the eye. Rosalyn could hear Ruven approaching her and finds his shadow on the ground in front of her. When Ruven did not receive an answer, he repeated with a much more ominous tone. "What were you saying?"

"I-I was just..." Rosalyn stammered.

Ruven clicked his tongue and sighed in frustration.

"I was thinking that Ashera may be somewhere near a-"

"Don't bother telling me an excuse or lie." Ruven cuts her off again.

"Your highness, I wasn't-"

"If you want to speak nonsense..." Ruven began, his vicious tone notable. "Keep it to yourself. Don't taint other elves' ears with such foolishness."

Ruven said nothing else and walked away, leaving Rosalyn to grit her teeth and clench her fist secretly. Ruven walks over to Lily, a bit calmer now and lost all anger within. Instead, he looked tired, dark circles under his eyes. "Lily..."

"Your highness, what can I do for you?"

"Remember the day when we first met?" Ruven asked in whispers with a weak smile.

How could she forget. Because of the sudden strong gust of wind, one of prince's clothing was taken away. It landed on the 3rd floor of the castle on a window sill. Panicked and in fear of getting into trouble, Lily climbed the castle efficiently with skill and retrieved the prince's clothes.

But...While standing on the window's ledge, her eyes made contact with the prince's, who was reading a book. That's right, they were in the library.

"How could I forget." Lily whispers back.

"I want you to use your skills to find Ashera."

"Your highness...do you mean..."

"I'm sending you to find her. I think we'll achieve better results from this, instead of finding her with a group which she can notice."

Lily nods.

"Understood."

Lily wasn't just a normal heroine. 

That's why Ashera loved her as a protagonist.

~~~~~~~~~~

And we have introduced the villainess and the heroine of Mystical Blossom! Yay!

ALSO

Hello everyone!!

I would like to make an announcement!

I made a twitter account solely focusing on stories and making announcements! (I'll continue to make announcements here on wattpad of course~)

Let's also spread some fluff there, yes? I may not be able to log in there as much as I do in wattpad lol, but I'll try my best and interact there as much as I can!

I'll see you guys there~

(Just in case no one can view the picture, here's my twitter user:

@Fluffball881)

Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to read this story! I'm really grateful for everyone's views, comments, votes and support! I'm really glad that I am able to share this story with you all and that you all enjoy it!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I'll see all of you in the next one~♡