"No! No! Kili!" Thorin yelled, thinking we were dead.

The other group rushed to the spot where we had appeared to have been crushed, but we were safe.

"We're all right! We're alive!" Balin gasped.

"Where's Bilbo? Where's the Hobbit?" Bofur asked.

"There!" One of the dwarves—I hadn't found out his name yet—yelled out

"Get him!" Dwalin yelled

Bilbo was hanging onto the edge of the cliff with just his fingertips. The same dwarf dove onto the ground and tried to grab Bilbo's arm, but Bilbo slipped and fell another few feet before he caught another handhold. As the dwarves tried to pull him up unsuccessfully, Thorin swung down on the cliff next to Bilbo and boosted him up, where the others pulled him to safety. Dwalin tried to lift Thorin back up too, but Thorin lost his grip and began falling, too. Dwalin and I reached for him, but neither of us could grab him. Then I heard the dwarves murmured in confusion, but not in sorrow. I opened my eyes to see Thorin surrounded by a glowing white light. I moved my hand, and Thorin went where my hand commanded him to. With my magic, I brought him back up safely.

"Now, Master Dwarf, aren't you lucky enough that I am here. If not, you could've been killed." I smirked.

Thorin only grunted in defeat, which only made my smirk grow.

"I thought we'd lost our burglar." Dwalin grumbled

"He's been lost ever since he left home. He should never have come. He has no place amongst us. Neither does the woman. Dwalin!" Thorin sneered.

With that, we all went off to find a cave. Bilbo was at the back of the group. I went back there to comfort him.

"You may not belong with them, and actually for that matter,—like Thorin said—I don't belong with them, but you can always come to me if you ever need anything. I know those dwarves can be pretty rude and selfish, but they just don't see the fact that they will need you by the end." I said to Bilbo in a voice only he could hear. He looked up at me and smiled. By that time, the dwarves in the front had found a cave to stay in. Immediately, I felt as if something wasn't quite right.

"It looks safe enough." Dwalin said.

"Search to the back; caves in mountains are seldom unoccupied." Thorin ordered

I made a motion with my hand that resembled a circle. As I held my hand out palm up, a glowing orb appeared above my hand, giving us light as I went to search the back of the cave.

"There's nothing here." I informed. I walked over to Thorin and whispered, "We should not stay here. Something isn't right."

"No, we must stay here. There is no other place. Besides, what isn't right?" He asked, matching my volume.

"An evil lurks here, unseen by any of us." I explained.

The dwarf Gloin dropped a bundle of wood on the floor and rubbed his hands.

"Right then! Let's get a fire started." He said.

"No, No fires, not in this place. Get some sleep. We start at first light." Thorin said, pondering on my words that I had spoken to him not seconds ago.

"We were to wait in the mountains until Gandalf joined us. That was the plan." Balin said, confused.

"Plans change. Aldwyn, take the first watch. Bofur, you're after her." Thorin ordered.

"I can stay awake the entire night," I said

"You're no use to us half asleep."

"I don't sleep."