Chapter 4

Takemichi pov:

Me and Hina walked to the rooftop to watch the fireworks.

"Wow! A heart. Hey, did you see that one?" Hina excitedly shouted.

'I want to stay here forever. I don't want to go back to the future. Because in the future, hina...is gone.' I told myself. 'It wouldn't hurt to hold her hand, right?' I began moving my hand closer to hers. After a second I grabbed it.

'It's warm'

"Hina..." I smiled moving my head towards her but dropped it quickly.
.
.
.
.
.
"Hm?"

"H-hi..." Naoto shuttered.

"Naoto?"

I remembered Naoto telling me 'The handshake is the trigger.'

"N-Naoto?!!" I shouted.

"Oh you were up here too, naoto?" Hina said.

"Ya" he replied.

'You've gotta be kidding me!' I thought.

——————

"Ahhhh!" I shouted and cried.

"Takemichi-kin!" Naoto shouted.

"Damn it, I came back!"

"Huh? Does that mean you were able to go back to the past?" Naoto asked. "So shaking hands really is the trigger."

"What the heck were you doing there, man?"

"Huh? What are you talking about? Anyways, that means my hypothesis wasn't wrong!"

"Ya, good for you, I guess," I said, still crying.

"And now you're back, I now understand everything so how'd it go?" He asked me. "You came back because something changed, right?

"Well..."

2 minutes later explaining what happened.

"You shook my hand by mistake?!" Naoto shouted at me. "You need to take this seriously! But there's something we know now because of your second trip into the past."

"Oh?" I said.

"Your ability to time travel allows you to return nine years into the past. For example, today, if you were to go back into the past, you'd go back to today nine years ago, and you come back here after spending a week there, a week would've also passed here. And while you were back in the past, your body was in suspended animation."

"Huh? So I was dead!" I questioned.

"It means your empty shell remained here in the present."

"Ah, so that's how I was in suspended animation."

"It's very dangerous, so whenever you're going to time travel again, we'll make sure you're in my room. So how did the mission to keep sano and kisaki from ever meeting go?"

"Well...I met Mikey-kun." I said.

"Mikey? Oh, you mean sano."

"But listen to this, Naoto! Mikey is a delinquent, he's a really good guy!"

"What? Why didn't you kill him?" He slightly shouted.

"Wha? Kill?"

"The guy who killed my sister is a good person?" Naoto hit the whiteboard. "Did he put one over on you in the past?"

"No!"

"Listen! That "Mikey" is now so involved in various crimes that the police can't even handle him! If I could... I'd kill him with my own two hands"