"Let me see. You can rest while I clean it" Xiao worriedly eyes Venti who weirdly looks so tired. He has bags under his eyes and he looks so weak it breaks Xiao's heart.

"Xiao cares for me ehe~" Venti giggles half asleep. "I'll move you to the bed so I can clean your wound and not disturb your sleep-Venti?" Xiao stops talking when he realized that Venti doze off. He smiles at the heartwarming sight, the archon looks cute sleeping soundly against him.

He gently carries Venti to the bed. After settling down, Xiao stands up, planning to go to Ver Godlet for bandages and herbs but he couldn't take his eyes off  Venti's face. "I want to kiss you..." Xiao whispers, leaning down to press a finger on Venti's soft lips. His feelings for Venti bursts at that moment, even adepti gives in to their hearts. He leans in and presses his lips gently against the sleeping boy's.

———

It was afternoon when Venti wakes up. He groans in his sleep, fidgeting as his body fights the grogginess. The archons sits up, rubbing his eyes to wash away his drowsiness. 'I almost lost myself earlier. Glad I came in time to rest or else...' Venti shivers, thorny vines of fear suffocating his heart.

Venti shakes his head, closing his eyes to forget his situation. 'Don't think about it. I want to enjoy what time is left with my beloved'.

"Xiao?" Venti looks around but Xiao is nowhere to be found. Venti pouts, feeling the soft wrinkled blanket on his lap. Xiao must have put it on him. Venti blushes, staring wide eyed at the brown blanket when he realized that Xiao must've carried him to bed.

"Ah right, I have injuries" The bard feels a sharp sting on his waist but he also feels the soft material of cotton. 'He must've wrapped this too. I didn't expect Xiao to be bold as to undress and carry me but I'm not disappointed'

"Venti, you're awake"

Venti snaps out of his stupor. "Ah Xiao, there you are. I just woke up" He looks up at the man, assuming he teleported in-front of the window. "Thank you for taking care of me" He smiles, Venti feels how thick his cheeks are. It's the same hue as the fruit in Xiao's hand.

"You don't have to thank me. I wouldn't want the Anemo archon to get an infection or the Knights will come after me" Xiao replied. Venti giggles at his joke and a smile creeps on Xiao's face.

"Who knew you would be so sweet, dear Xiao? Maybe I should fight more monsters and get hurt so you'll take care of me"

Xiao's facial muscles forms a frown. His feet develops a mind of it's own, bringing him close to Venti. He leans down, amber eyes glaring daggers into Venti's. "Please don't put yourself in danger, Venti. I wouldn't want you to get hurt. I'll take care of you but don't do anything stupid"

Venti's eyes widens, shocked at the Yaksha's words. A teasing smile grows on his lips when Xiao steps back, red coloring his cheeks. "Now you're scolding an archon huh?" Venti smirks sitting on the bed.

'What the fuck did I just say? Embarrassing' Xiao clears his throat, composure turns into mortification. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend you just don't do anything reckless Venti"

"Okay, I'll try my best for you my sweet adeptus" Venti smiles and it's not good for Xiao's heart. "I asked Chef  Yanxiao if he has apples. Here." He pushes the apple at Venti's chest without meeting his eyes. He heard it clearly, the archon called him 'his' and he's feeling too giddy it's concerning. When he was freed from his past evil master's binds did he feel this happiness and it was decades ago.