SEVENTEEN

**Present day**

The next morning after the night before you wake up only to realise you're not in your bed. Or Chris' for that matter. It takes you a minute to adjust to your surrounding but you come to realise you're underneath the grand piano. You turn over to see Chris who is still sound asleep.

Awh he looks so peaceful.

You begin to smirk, reminiscing about last nights events. You carefully begin to crawl from under the piano, cautious not to wake Chris. You grab your panties from the other room and decide to throw on Chris' shirt. After you head straight to the kitchen and begin making pancakes. 10 minutes pass and you're about halfway through cooking the batch when-.

**BANG**

"AHH FUCK!" comes bellowing from the other room.

You instantly laugh.

Chris is awake. 

Chris grabs his briefs from the floor and makes his way over into the kitchen, plonking himself on one of the stools leaning on the island head in hands.

"Well good morning lover boy" you say winking at him.

"Shhh too loud." he groans, pausing for a moment. He then lifts his head. "Good morning sweetheart" he says smirking. You begin dishing up the pancakes and you and Chris tuck in straight away.  You both sit there a moment before laughing.

"So last night was-" you begin.

"Amazing" Chris responds without allowing you to finish your sentence.

"Amazing? Yeah... it was."

"Do we need to talk about it?" he asks in a reassuring tone.

"Look Chris, what we have is special, but I can't risk losing my best friend again. I can't risk losing you."

"I agree Vee."

"You do?" a small smile creeping on your face.

"Yeah and look I know you're in a weird place right now and not ready for a commitment. But that's okay because neither am I."

"So it's agreed? Last night was fun but-"

"It meant nothing."

Those words cut through you like a sharp knife. That's not what you were thinking at all. You thought you guys were agreeing it was fun but it shouldn't really happen again, and not because it meant nothing. In fact it meant everything to you. All you wanted to get across is you didn't want to lose your best friend again. You've been quite just a moment too long. You quickly respond.

"Oh? Sure.. nothing." you say shrugging your shoulders, playing with the pancakes on your plate. Chris can detect the hurt in your voice.

"Vee, look that came out wrong. Sorry that's not what I mean-".

"No Chris, it's fine. I understand you loud and clear. I was a mistake. It won't happen again."

Before he can respond, you get up and run to your room, locking the door behind you.

You idiot Vee!

**Chris POV**

You idiot Chris!

You sit there a moment replaying the conversation with Vee in your head. Last night meant absolutely everything to you and you knew deep down it meant everything to her too. You realised then that you'd fucked up. Again. 

**Later that day**

You decide after a few hours you should really head downstairs and help with the clear up. It's not fair to leave Chris to do it all by himself. You begin making your way downstairs and to your surprise everywhere it tidy and clean. You make your way over to the kitchen and grab a bag of chips, then head to the sofa. You're not sure where Chris is. About 20 minutes later Chris heads through the front door with groceries. You decide to you couldn't face holding a conversation so you just continued to watch the TV whilst eating your chips. Chris has noticed you on the sofa but also choices not to engage in a conversation. After he finishes putting the groceries away he comes and plonks himself next to you on the sofa. You tilt the bag of chips in his direction. He accepts your offer and you both sit in silence eating chips occasionally laughing at the TV.

"Vee, can we talk about earlier please?" Chris' question had caught you off guard.

"Sure, I mean I don't know what there is to talk about but sure." your eyes never leaving the TV. Chris leans over to the coffee table in front of you both, grabs the remote and switches it off.

"Hey!" you say in annoyance before turning your body towards his. "What is there to say from this morning Chris, you made your feelings pretty clear."

"Vee, please let me explain. I... erm... look what I said about it meaning nothing. It came out all wrong."

"Right? So how was it supposed to come out? Because look if I was a mistake I would rather you just be honest and let me move on."

"That's the thing Vee, last night meant everything to me."

"It did?" a smile quickly forming.

"Yes! It was the most amazing night of my life. It's just I'm not ready for a relationship and I don't want to lose you as a friend."

"Chris... I feel the exact same way! With everything that's happened these last few months I'm in no position to be in any kind of relationship. But..."

"But?" Chris responds hanging onto you words. Your long pause is killing him. You begin to smirk before saying.

"I wouldn't object if a series of last nights events were to ever happen again." You look down to your knees. Chris gently brings his hand up to you face cupping you cheek allowing you to look at him again. He's smiling very softly.

"Oh sweetheart, you can count on it." Chris then quickly pulls you in locking lips once more.

Wow. I forgot how good his lips felt.