"Jo?", she heard from behind her, her head turning to see Newt jogging besides her, his face filled with concern.

"Did he remember?", she asked towards him, referring to the hazel eyed boy in front of her.

"Yes", he briefly answered.

"Did he tell you?", she questioned.

"Yes."

She was about to ask more, the urge to answer more questions taking over her mind, however the sound of a voice yelling made her focus turn back to the tragedy of her surroundings.

"Come on this way!", Thomas called out from in front of her, his voice echoing back to those who followed.

Jogging a steady pace, a group of people had been armed with spears and blades as sharp as the breaths taken from their mouths.

The walls decorated with leaves and twigs seemed to never leave the eyesight of those traveling among them.

"Keep it up guys. We're almost there!", Thomas yelled, heavy breaths escaping his panting chest.

Reaching a towering wall that mirrored the rest, Thomas and Jo signaled a stop. Their backs placed on the wall, the others reflecting their actions.

Jo looked to Thomas, him nodding before taking a glance at what lied beyond the wall that dug dirt and gravel onto Josephine's shirt.

"Is it a Griever?", Chuck asked, the smallest of waves washing over the question.

However, Josephine didn't need a "Yes" or a "No", the simple intake of Thomas's breath let her know the answer.

"Yeah", he answered, still, letting the others know. A simultaneous gasp crowded the air as the group faced the tragedy of what was about to happened.

"Shit", Chuck breathed out.

They would either live or die.

Josephine glanced down at the machete her hand encased, gripping it harder before setting her eyes down at the metal tube in Minho's hand that held their escape.

"The plan is simple. Protect", Josephine whispered loud enough for the group to hear as her head gave a small nod to the metal tube.

Minho nodded in agreement.

"You take this Chuck", he began, his hand reaching the tube out for taking. "Stay behind us."

Chuck puffed out a heavy breath as Thomas placed his hand on his shoulder, an encouraging interaction between the two.

Chuck looked up from the tube that now sat on his palm, meeting Josephine's eyes.

"Think flower fields", she whispered, a totem to the soothing she had provided him on his first night in the tragedy they called, or used to call, home.

"Flower fields", Chuck whispered underneath his breath.

"It's okay. Just stick with me", Teresa spoke, putting her hair up as she nodded towards Josephine and Thomas.

"Once we're through it will activate and the door will open. Alright, we stay close, we stay together. We get through this. We get out now, but we die trying", Thomas spoke, his words making everyone's heart beat skip a few drums.

"Two up front. We charge first. The rest fall behind", Josephine commanded. "The goal isn't to kill but to pass. Is that understood?"

Some nods were given, a few murmurs of agreement echoed through the group, but all understood.