"You're a pessimist and it's annoying." I say and he rolls his eyes. "Everything will be okay, I promise." I say and squeeze his hand.

Melissa knocks on the door before she enters. "Did you find a tape player?" Stiles asks. "No. But I found someone looking for you." She says and then reveals Malia.

I stand up and squeeze Stiles' shoulder. "I'll head home. See you later." I say and he nods.

****
I'm sat on a box and I'm bored. I shouldn't be here. Derek walks to stand beside me. "Well try to remember I don't have claws and fangs anymore either." He says to Scott. "That's why she called me." Braeden says and I smile at her.

"Am I the only one still hoping this is all just a false alarm? I mean it's possible we could wait here all night and nothing happens. Right?" Kira asks.

"Scott, you heard anything from Stiles or Lydia yet?" Braeden asks and I just lean against Derek's shoulder. I'm so tired. "Lydia's still talking to Meredith. Stiles and Malia are headed to the lake house. They're trying to stop it." Scott says.

"What if there is no stopping it? What if it doesn't end until we're all dead?" Brett asks. A way to be a pessimist, right?

"Then let's send a message." Derek says and I look up at him. "Let's make something perfectly clear to anyone with a copy of that list. It doesn't matter if they're professional assassins, hunters, or an amateur who just picked up a gun. Anyone who thinks they can hunt and kill us for money, is gonna be put on another list. Our list. They get to be a nams on our dead pool." He says and I clap my hands. Inspirational or inspirational.

As everyone prepares Derek hides me in a corner, behind some boxes. "Come on, why'd you bring me to these things if you're shove me in corners?" I ask and he sighs.

"Personally, I'd prefer to know you're here then at home. Someone could show up there to kill me and I wouldn't be able to protect you." He says and I raise an eyebrow. "You're so worried about me all the time. It's cute." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"I have to because you're an idiot and if I take my eyes off of you for two seconds you'll get kidnapped or slaughtered." He says and I roll my eyes. "Im not an idiot for one. And two, that was a tad dramatic." I say patting his shoulder.

"Maybe but to many things have happened to you so yes I do feel the need to watch you and have you around me at all times. I don't want you to die okay? And the only way I can ensure that is if I protect you all the time. Hell I'd give you the bite if I could, just so you'd heal properly." He says and I roll my eyes.

"I'm fine, I'm like indestructible. What's the worse I've gotten? A broken nose?" I  joke and he sighs. "You got shot." He says and I sigh.

"You should've died then." He says and I sigh. "Derek-" I say taken back. "You should have, it's facts. You lost so much blood and you were bleeding out for weeks. It's a miracle you're still alive." He says and I roll my eyes.

"What's gotten into you?" I ask meeting his eyes. Why is he so emotional? "I'm not scared to die, Nia." He says grabbing my hand. "But I don't want to hurt you." He says and I scoff.

"Should've thought about that ages ago." I say patting his chest and attempting to lighten the mood.

"Look. You're gonna go out there and protect me, okay? Only because I'm in capable of dealing with assassins. You aren't gonna die and I'm gonna be fine." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Please just let me get soft with you one time." He says and I smole whilst shaking my head, no. "That's not us buddy." I say patting his chest.

"I'm not your buddy." He says and I smile widely. "I know you aren't. Mr sexy pants."  I say whilst winking at him. "I hate you." He says and I create a heart with my fingers and blow a kiss at him. "Sure you do sexy pants." I say and he rolls his eyes

A beeping noise went off and he glances down at me. "Don't move." He says and I sigh.  "Everyone get back!" Braeden yells.

For ages I sat behind these boxes in a corner just listening to the gun shots and fighting, the grunting and the groaning.

"What have I got here?" A man says peaking his head round the corner. He aims a gun at me and my eyes widen. "Yeah, alright. Um... I'm not a werewolf." I say but he gets thrown away from me.

"She isn't supernatural." Derek shouts whilst beating the shit out of him.

Everything goes quiet as phones buzz. "It's over." Scott says reading from a phone. I take a breaty of relief as I get up.

We step out into the open but Derek still keeps me slightly guarded as he was slightly worried.

"You didn't die." I say patting his shoulder. "Shut up." He groans.