Chapter 21

After my run I made some fruit and oats for everyone.

Dad came down and I handed him coffee in his flask. "Dad, I've been meaning to ask you something." I say whilst sitting down on the counter. "Go ahead." He encourages.

"So what happens if someone isn't on the system at all?" I ask and dad shrugs. "Then they're a perfect person. It's very uncommon for someone to not be on the system at all." He says and I scoff. Of course Jennifer has to be a 'perfect person'.

"Did you find out what happened to Tara yet?" I ask dad and he sighs. "No, not yet. Stiles was pretty shaken up last night." Dad says and I nod. "I'll talk to him." I say to Dad and he smiles and says goodbye before heading to work.

Stiles came down stairs and started picking at his breakfast.

"How are you?" I ask and he nods. "I'm sorry about Tara, dad said you were close with her." I say to Stiles and he shrugs. "Yeah, it's whatever." He says and I sigh. "I'll be here if you wanna talk Stiles." I say and he thanks me. "I gotta run." He says and I nod.

I clear up from breakfast before going to have a shower. In the shower, I got thinking. What if Jennifer's name isn't Jennifer and she's on the run from someone. Like my situation with Jake but worse so she had to change her name. What if she was hiding from someone? That would make sense for the name change right?

I got out of the shower and put on blue jeans, a belt and a light green satin spaghetti strap crop top. I curl my hair lightly and do my makeup.

I head downstairs and sit on the sofa and just start thinking about Jennifer. Something isn't right about her and it's been grinding my teeth that I didn't know what.

I had to distract myself, this isn't healthy. I'm just obsessing because I don't have Derek anymore and I haven't got anything better to do.

I lied down on the sofa, watching friends when the door burst open. "Ah, you're here. Perfect. Follow me." Stiles says walking upstairs with Cora behind him. "Right." I say standing up and following them upstairs.

"School doesn't finish yet, how come you're back so early?" I ask Stiles. "I need to tell him, we need to tell him about the supernatural." Stiles says quickly. "Dad?" I ask and he nods.

"The Darach is after guardians, which may mean law enforcement because of Tara. So we need him to know so he knows what to look out for." Stiles says and I agree with him.

"What did you find out through?" I ask Stiles. "The sacrifices have to be three virgins, three warriors, three healers, three philosophers and three guardians." Stiles says and I nod.

"Wait, guardians? Don't they mean like parents?" I ask and he shrugs. "Yeah but it could also be law enforcement, plus dad is both." Stiles says and I sigh. "Okay, calm down. We'll tell him." I say and Stiles nods gratefully. "That's why Cora's here, she's gonna show him." Stiles says and I nod. "Smart thinking." I say.

When Dad gets here me and Cora sit on Stiles bed whilst Stiles paces his room. Maybe I should tell dad? I'd probably do a better job as well.

"Stiles?" Dad asks slightly agitated. "Dad, I'm sorry okay? I'm just... I'm trying to... I'm just tryna figure out how to start here." Stiles says. "Hey, I don't have this kind of time." Dad says and I go to stand up but Stiles starts talking.

"For the last year, you've had all these cases that you couldn't figure out, right? I mean all the murders involving Kate Argent, and then Matt killing all the people who drowned him, and all these murders right now. It's like... It's like you've been playing a losing game." Stiles says and I sigh. What a beautiful start.