𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

[3]

[3]

𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐬

精霊の夏祭り

After followingthe directions she gave me by going straight, I finally saw the mountain path

Walking along the path my thoughts were filled with meeting her again tommorow, maybe play with her but just talking is also fine if she doesn't want to play. It's funny how I thought she was a kidnapper at first, you know people are right about the terms 'Don't judge a book by its cover' . They were also right about 'You'll get lost once you step foot into the mountain God's forest.' But they were wrong about the getting lost forever part though.

"TERU !!" A voice called out, my uncle's voice but laced with anger which I once again hadn't realize earlier. I ran towards my uncle gleefully with my hands up.

"UNCLEEEE" I exclaimed happily while running towards him.

*SMACK* I again got smacked in the head. This was the second time that day, and fortunately I didn't have to meet a third one.

"Ouchhh why did you do that uncle." I cried out while rubbing my head again.

"Idiot Teru why did you wonder alone."

My small figure ran to him and hug his waist because that was all I can reach. My uncle patted my back in a comforting way and I let go to looked up at him.

"I-i'm sorry for making you worry uncle..." I said, my voice cracking and still sobbing a little.

He sighed and smiled at me. "It's okay, it's just that you suddenly wondered out alone without telling anyone, next time say something before you go."

"Okay uncle !"

We walked for a while and I decided to ask him. "Umm uncle, is it true that spirits live in the forest ?"

He hummed in response. "The mountain God's forest... who knows. That's what they say isn't it ?
When I was a kid me and my friends wanted to meet the spirits so we often went into the forest.
In the end we never met any but I always had a feeling I'd occasionally spot something from the corner of my eye.
On summer nights you can hear the sounds of river coming from the forest. And now that I think about it one of my friends Iwa chan and her friends said they had fun at a summer festival in the forest.
But theres no way the villagers would've held a festival in the forest. So then whose festival was that ?
It started a crazy story that they had snuck into a festival for the spirits." He chuckled at the end of his explanation. "Man that takes me back, we were so stupid back when we were kids." He added, smiling at the nostalgic moment.

I stared at him not knowing what to say until I saw a small store. I lightly tugged on my uncle's shirt and pointed in the direction of the stall. "Uncle can we buy popsicles ?"

He looked at me and smile. "Sure kiddo but don't eat it now, were having dinner soon so your mom and aunt are going to get mad if you do." I hummed in agreement

We went into the small store and were welcomed kindly by the owner. I wasted no time going to the ice cream fridge and grabbing 2 soda gari gari kuns.

One for me and one for (y/n) when I meet her tommorow. I hope she likes soda flavored gari gari kun because thats all they have right now.

"Are you done Teru ?" My uncle asked. "Yes !" I slowly ran to him with the two popsicles in my hand.

"Two ? Is one of them for me ?" He asked as I put the popsicles on the counter. I shook my head. "It's for a friend I'm meeting tommorow."

"Oh ? You made a friend, good for you Teru." He ruffled my head and took his wallet out to pay, I smiled while putting my hands on my head.

"Here you go." My uncle handed me a  plastic bag with the popsicles in it, I gladly took it and thanked him. "Thankyou uncle !"

"Yeah, we better get home quick and put it in the freezer before it melts." I nodded my head.

⎽⎼⎻⎺⎺⎻⎼⎽⎽⎼⎻⎺⎺⎻⎼⎽⎽⎼⎻⎺⎺⎻⎼⎽⎽⎼⎻⎺⎺⎻⎼⎽⎽⎼⎻⎺⎺⎻⎼⎽⎽⎼⎻⎺⎺⎻⎼⎽⎽⎼⎻⎺⎺⎻⎼⎽⎽⎼⎻⎺

The next day I woke up early because I was really excited to go see her again. I put on a white shirt with a pikachu in the middle and a pair of plain blue shorts after taking a quick bath. I also quickly finish my breakfast which made my mom worry because I almost chocked but I didn't really care, all I cared about was seeing her again.

I grab 2 cold popsicles from the fridge that me and my uncle bought yesterday and shove them into a white plastic bag.

The excitement of seeing her again and the fear of the popsicle melting soon had me dashing as quick as I can to the forest where I would see her.

My feet finally stopped in front of the big torii gate where we parted yesterday

but I didn't see her anywhere.