Chapter 9. You're Definitely a Good Person

Start from the beginning

The moment Lucilline felt that touch, the hair on his body had instantaneously rose up. He was like a cat on edge, with his fur rising as self-defence. "...what are you doing?" Lucilline whispered. Confusion clouded over his golden eyes.

Azalea deadpanned, "Lucilline." A strange determination was visible in his eyes. His every focus was on Lucilline, as he blurted, "You are definitely a good person!"

Lucilline, "..." After being told that he was the villain of some novel last night, this statement gave him mixed feelings.

Coming back to himself, he took his hands back to himself.

Setting aside his book, he asked, dumbfounded, "What's gotten into you?"

Azalea shook his head without a word. There was a profound meaning and complicated emotions in his amethyst purple eyes.

"I just realized that I might have been too harsh on you." Azalea admitted. "We just met, and I was a jerk."

Lucilline's eyes widened. "A jerk?"

Azalea nodded to confirm. "Yes. I blatantly assumed that you were a bad student, based on your inattentiveness during Miss A.'s class. However, it seemed like not all things on the surface are true. It was my fault for blaming you without considering your circumstances."

His hands tightened around Lucilline's gloved hands.

"From now on, I'll stop assuming everything, okay? Would you forgive me?" Azalea tilted his head. Subconsciously, Lucilline's eyes had faltered and fallen to look at the opposing student.

Azalea had a beautiful white neck. It was pale and unblemished, as if it was carved out from white jade. It reminded Lucilline of the neck of an elegant white swan. When he tilted his head, Azalea revealed his sharp chin and cheekbones, which enhanced his handsomeness and appeal. Going downwards from his neck, pale clavicles were exposed from his shuffling uniform.

All in all, this was the appearance of a handsome young man.

Lucilline blinked. He hurriedly looked away, afraid that he'll become blind if he look any longer.

"What do you say, Lucilline?" Azalea had no idea what thoughts were on the great villain's mind.

"Okay." Lucilline whispered.

"What?" Azalea didn't hear clearly.

Upon hearing that, Lucilline hardened himself. Don't be shy, Lucilline Rubius! Why are you shy of the opponent's appearance, when you look more beautiful!?!

He whipped his head around and nodded. "No worries. I don't mind you being impolite." A beautiful smile had fallen on his lips, revealing a row of white teeth. "I forgive you."

Azalea stared.

Lucilline stared back.

They found themselves enamoured in their staring contest. It was then Azalea blinked, with a happy expression dancing in his eyes. "Thank you."

As Miss A. returned to teaching, Lucilline boringly looked at the black board. He steadied his chin on one hand, with his elbow pressing against the surface of the desk. Without his notice and sitting right beside him, Azalea continued to stare at him.

Heavy emotions were faint in his amethyst purple eyes.

When class ended and it was lunchtime, students began to leave the classroom. Only Lucilline remained seated. Looking at him in confusion, Azalea hesitated on whether to go to the cafeteria or not.

"Lucilline," Azalea called, "Why aren't you going to the cafeteria?"

"Too crowded." Lucilline huffed. "I don't want to go."