"Taeyong?"

Jaehyun arched his eyebrows in confusion to be seeing Taeyong in this kind of state. He was always zoning out with those troubled expressions on his face.

He sighed deeply and placed his hand on the latter's shoulder. "Taeyong? Are you okay?," he shook the latter gently.

"Huh, what did you say?," Taeyong startled from his thoughts and saw Jaehyun staring at him in concern.

Jaehyun exhaled sharply. For sure, there was something troubling his minds.

"What's wrong hm?," he asked. "Do you want to share it with me?," he stared at him softly, ensuring him.

Taeyong released a heavy sigh. He was not sure if he should but he knew he could trust Jaehyun about this. So he ended up telling him everything.

"I'm sorry, I just need to get this off my chest," he let out a low chuckle, hiding his pain behind his own smile.

Jaehyun was surprised to be hearing the words from Taeyong and half of his heart was not believing it either. 

He shifted closer towards the latter. "Don't be sorry, you can tell me anything," he softly uttered that. He could see the stain of tears on those cheeks, he knew how much Taeyong cried because of it.

Taeyong slowly landed his head on the broad shoulder beside him. He just wanted to, he needed a support now.

It was filled with deep silence between them afterwards. Neither wanted to break the silence by talking and chose to savor the moment for now.

"What...do you think about it?"

Taeyong's voice was the one breaking the silence.

"Hm?"

Taeyong lifted his head and looked at Jaehyun. "Do you believe he did that?," he asked him. looking at him with his hopeful eyes.

Jaehyun took a deep breath himself. 

"Honestly, I don't," he announced. He always saw how much Kai loved Taeyong and cared for him. Sometimes even more than caring for himself.

He witnessed all of that.

He was sure Kai was a good person and there was no way he would do such things. Moreover, things like these. There must be something wrong with it.

"I could see how much he cares about you and your mom," he said. "He loves both of you, I can say that," he curled a smile while stroking the features in front of him.

Taeyong lowered his face. He was thinking the same way as well but still-

"I think you should give him a chance to explain everything," he slowly said, tilting his head to meet the other's eyes. "Okay?"

Taeyong nodded as he flashed him a small smile. He knew what Jaehyun said was all truth and they should have listen to him.

"It's getting late now," Jaehyun said as he stood up while looking around. 

He reached out his hand towards Taeyong. "Let's go, I will walk you home," he smiled fondly towards him.

As much as he wanted to be with Taeyong longer, he didn't want to make his parents worried or they would no longer let them go out.

Taeyong reached for his hand and stood up. 

"It's fine. I'm not staying at home at the moment," he replied as they were walking.