━ Chapter One

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━I

I. 𝗟𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗔𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

 𝗟𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗔𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ARA RYU HAD NEVER EXPECTED TO FEEL SO ALONE IN THE WORLD. She was surrounded by people, kind people, her sister even, and yet with every second she felt more and more isolated. No matter the amount of friendly and familial reassurance she received, she still felt alone and like a bother.

Her heart clenched at the mere thought of what her life once was. Back before everything went to shit, before everyone started dying and trying to eat the living.

A sigh left her mouth. She rubbed her slender hand down her face sluggishly. She had been tired since it all began, feelings fluctuated from the strength of a hurricane to a gentle, ocean-breeze.

A small hand tugged gently on the sleeve of her purple flannel. Ara looked down to see Carl, the boy having to crane his head up just to see her face. "Can you come play with me?" The small Grimes asked her.

Ara had always been a sucker for kids.

"Sure, as long as you don't tell your ma I let you slack on your work," Ara teased lightly.

Carl nodded his head vigorously and grabbed her clear hand with his freckled.

Feet pounded against the crumbling dirt, blowing small grains of it into the air and clouding the already blurring vision of anyone in the vicinity.