1

Katarina POV

Have you heard the tale or story about 'The Vampire of the Blue Moon'? Well if not, the story goes like this,

There was once a vampire known as Vanitas, who was despised by his own kind. Others of his kind were born on the night of the crimson moon, but he alone was born under the blue moon, a sign of ill omen. So the other vampires feared Vanitas and drove him from the village. He wandered alone in the woods, he faced the terrors of darkness and the cold clutched of snow.
So it was that he made a vow, he would take vengeance upon vampires born under the crimson moon by using a very special grimoire. Vanita's special creation was a book that he imbued with the power to corrupt a vampire's true name. Those who manage to get a hold of the grimoire shall possess the kind of power like him.

"They say a vampire has turned up!" A woman spoke out as people gathered around the bulletin board where newspapers were hung up.

I clutched onto my master's arm as we walked side by side together. There's been a lot of news and rumors of more vampire sightings around.  I could feel the stares of some people as they looked at me. Some people think I'm a widow because of the black dresses I wear, but I'm not. Typically women who wear black dresses in this time of age, usually are in a time of mourning.

I walked closely with Master Noe who wore his usual all-white suit and top hat. His bright white hair, purple eyes and beautiful tan skin were full on display.

"Truly? How dreadful!" Another woman says in worry, who stood beside her friend who spoke.

"Vampires were destroyed ages ago in a battle with humankind, were they not?" The same woman asked her friend.

"Does that mean some survived?!" They continued to chat in worry as my master and I stopped walking and turned to look at the bulletin board. It was neatly organized and the news about the vampire sightings was printed big for everyone to see.

"Vampires are but a folktale.."

"I'm so cold..." We hear a faint whisper of a woman.

I glanced around the room carefully and finally spotted a woman in a purple victorian dress. She seemed unwell, and the moment we saw the lady struggle to keep on standing, I knew my master was prepared. He didn't need to tell me anything as he gently handed me the pet carrier. And not a moment later he went sprinting quickly towards the brunette woman from afar.

Noe had carefully caught the woman and helped her take her to a seat as she tried to regain her strength.

"I'll go bring get us a warm drink, master" I spoke as I set down the pet carrier where Murr was in.

"Katarina, my love, there is no need for that. Please sit here and watch over her for a bit. I will be back," Noe said as he had gently pushed me down onto the seat and slightly leaned over my shoulder as he told me so.