chapter eleven

two weeks later

well...michael had left. and when he told mom, i swear she was about to beat his ass. haden was kind of disappointed, and so was i. but, that meant we could have wilder parties without him snitching on us.

meanwhile, duff was acting a little distanced. every time i asked him if he wanted to smoke or do something, he always gave a small smile and said not right now.

i had become closer with izzy though, so we hung out often. and slash, he comes in and out. sometimes i go to sleep with an empty bed, and wake up with him next to me.

this particular morning, slash was in my bed. "morning" i groaned, my face stuffed in his chest. he just hummed in response, as i snuggled closer. cuddling had become normal to us.

deciding it was time to get up, i rolled over and stood up. the basement was pretty cold right now, so i threw a hoodie on before looking back at slash.

he was passed out again, so i sighed and left him in my room while i ventured upstairs and to the garage. "morning duff" i smiled, sitting beside him on the couch.

"hey dahlia" he smiled back, before taking a swig of his vodka. "you okay? you've been acting a little distanced recently" i questioned, deciding i should probably bring it up sooner than later.

"just stuff you wouldnt understand" he shook his head. i only rolled my eyes before turning to face him. "you can tell me" i spoke, with a serious face.

"fine...at the party, when you kissed me, im still trying to figure out why" he shrugged, taking another sip of his drink. "honestly, i was trying to make slash jealous, since he had been making me jealous all night" i sighed out.

"oh" duff spoke, and i couldnt help but feel bad. i made the poor the dude think that i liked him! without another word, he got up and walked towards the door. "duff, im sorry" i apologized. "its okay" he responded before exiting the garage.

what happened to that flirty, drunk duff i know?

"ugh it always my fault" i mumbled, slapping my forehead. "youre right about that" a voice spoke, scaring the shit out of me. "if youre gonna be an asshole, go away" i groan, looking up to see slash at the door.

"im joking" he responded, putting his arms up in surrender as he moved to sit down next to me. "were you listening to the conversation?" i asked, looking in his eyes. "maybe" he chuckled, lighting up a cigarette.

"great" i rolled my eyes. "you like me that much, huh?" slash smirked, exhaling the smoke into the air. "not much anymore" i lied, playing with the sleeves of my hoodie.

"bullshit" he laughs. "fine, but remember you're just having fun" i reminded, frowning a little. i hoped he didnt notice though. he only just swung his arm around my shoulder without a response to what i last said.

"want some?" he offered, holding out a bottle of jack daniels. "i guess" i sighed, taking the bottle from him and taking a big swig. "wow" he spoke as i pulled the bottle away from my lips.

i handed it back to him and sighed out. "can i ask why i wake up and you're in my bed sometimes?" i questioned, quite curious for some time actually.

"my mom kinda kicked me out and i dont have anywhere to stay" he shrugged, not showing any emotions. "oh, im sorry" i apologized. "if you want you could stay in michael's old room?" i added.

"i kinda liked sleeping with you" he chuckled as i raised my eyebrows. "well, i dont mind either, so carry on" i chuckled a little, sending him a smile which he returned.

our lips were right on each others again, and my leg was swinging over him. my hands worked through his hair as i could feel his hands slowly trailing to my ass.

"dahlia! you in there?" haden questioned, opening the garage door and making me sigh out as our lips disconnected. "im a little busy" i groaned, rolling my eyes at the cockblocker.

he only laughed before leaving the room. "always ruining shit" i groaned, before hearing a chuckle from slash under me. "wanna continue?" i smirked, biting my lip slightly.

the second our lips connected again, someone else entered the garage, and all i heard was a high pitched squeal. it was obviously jess. when i looked up, my eyes went wide.

it wasnt just jess....

it was also steven, izzy, and surprisingly axl too. i groaned one more time before getting off of slash and walking over to the fridge to grab a drink.

"what are you guys doing here?" slash questioned, as they all sat down on the couch and chairs and lit up their cigarettes. "we got a show tonight, but we cant get a hold of duff" axl spoke, taking a puff of his cancer stick.

"hah, better talk to dahlia...she's the one that made him upset" slash laughed, making me scowl at him from across the room. "i didnt mean to" i frowned, picking up my drink and exiting the room with jess in tow.

"hey! whats wrong?" jess questioned, as she followed me downstairs. "duff asked why i kissed him at the party, and i finally remembered that i did it to make slash jealous" i sighed, closing my bedroom door.

"and he was upset?" she confirmed. "yeah, he got up and left the house" i shrugged. "oh my god, girl!" she squealed, making me furrow my eyebrows. "what?" "bitch, he likes you!"

"oh fuck, you're right" i gasped, sitting on the bed beside her. "what if i just fucked up our friendship?" i groaned. "just talk to him and tell him how you feel about slash, im sure he'll understand" she shrugged.

duff understanding? yeah, right.