"I have my license Jamie, I'm driving your car," I ordered, my stare intense and sharp, not wanting him to be on the road like this.

"I'm really fine to drive—" I gave him another look as he hesitated to finish, but finally gave in.

"Yes ma'am," he decided not to argue, knowing I was right. Owen and I guided him to the locker room where they both changed as I waited outside.

I truly did feel awful for hitting him in the face, and even though it had been funny, it really wasn't. His eye was beginning to swell shut when they both came out and Owen wished us safe driving before he left us both there.

Jamie could still see with one eye, but I grabbed his hand just in case he needed a little extra guidance. Together, we both walked over to his car and I quickly unlocked it, helping him get into the passenger seat. Once Jamie was all buckled up, I got in and started the car. It rumbled to life and I wasn't so used to being in such a loud car.

"Hang on," I teased as I started to pull out, beginning our drive back to my house.

I ended up convincing Jamie to have his parents come pick him up so he wouldn't have to drive home. He didn't like that, but even though we weren't friends, I didn't want him to get hurt. I had already done enough damage— literally.

"Okay, we're here. When are your parents coming?" I questioned, waiting for an answer.

"In about thirty minutes or so. They went out for dinner, so they're not sure how soon they can leave," Jamie sighed and rested his head back, tilting it upwards so it was facing the top of the car.

"Well...do you wanna come in for a bit? My mom is probably still at the school, but I can get you an ice pack for that," I pointed at his swollen eye and he let out a dry laugh, looking towards me.

"I would love an ice pack right now," he admitted and I took that as my cue to get out of the car, opening his door and helping him out. I hoped he didn't have a concussion as well, seeing as I hit him so hard.

I unlocked my house door and turned the knob, pushing it open with my hip. I pulled Jamie towards my bathroom and helped shuffle him in, having him lean against the counter as I went to go get a frozen bag of peas.

I handed them to Jamie when I returned and he murmured a "thank you" wincing as he brought the bag up to his eye.

"Here," I suddenly jumped in and took it, gently placing it on the swollen area.

I smiled at him and he gave me a lazy grin, looking at me. It was a funny moment with me just holding a bag of frozen peas to his face as he watched me with his one good eye. Our laughter made me realize just how close we were, my smile starting to fade as his face grew softer.

There was that same tension again, the same vibrant energy that buzzed through me. My heart throbbed as he started to lean towards me, the bag of frozen peas falling to the ground.

Jamie looked at me like no one had ever looked at me before. His eyes searched my face and my own searched his as I tentatively brought a hand up to his cheek. He did the same, taking his other hand and wrapping it around my back, pulling us closer, so close that I could feel his heart beating just as fast as mine was.

As I fluttered my eyes shut, tilting my chin to meet his height, his lips just barely grazing mine did we suddenly fly apart, the front door slamming shut and scaring us both straight.

Flustered, I grabbed the bag of peas and pushed them into his hands, rushing out of the bathroom and shutting the door behind me, trying to catch my breath.

"Mom?" I called out and went over to the kitchen. She was humming something as she dug around in the fridge, no doubt trying to find dinner.

"Oh, hey sweetie! I noticed that car out front. It doesn't look like Monica's. Do you know whose it is?" She placed the leftover spaghetti in the microwave and pushed a button, the machine rotating the food. I didn't know how to tell her I'd had a boy home alone for only five minutes when Jamie answered that question for me.