This was a pair of red plaid flannel jammy pants and an oversized white Rutgers sweatshirt. “Yeah… I am not going out there dressed like this.”

Loki bent over her shoulder and his lips brushed her ear as he whispered, “What do you want to wear?”

“I don’t know. Something…” Her voice trailed off as he gently nipped the slope of her neck. “Loki… I can’t think when you do that…”

“I cannot help myself, Midgardian,” he murmured, doing it again. “You are impossible to resist, even when you’re disheveled and in flannel.”

“Disheveled? I’d like to see how good you look after having two babies in the span of seven minutes.”

“Touché, as you would say.” His laughter was warm and soft on the curve of her shoulder. “You know I think you never look more beautiful than you do at this moment, no matter what moment that might be.”

“You are so lucky you have a silver tongue,” she sighed as he went back to nipping, then kissing, his way down to her shoulder. Her eyes grew heavy-lidded, so she let them close and tilted her head slightly to the left. His arms tightened about her waist and his lips went still for a moment, then he kissed her once more.

“Try the green one,” he whispered.

Which green one?”

“This.” He reached for the dress in question, a soft sea foam green wraparound with cap sleeves.

“Good choice.” She took the hanger from him, but before she could tell him to leave, he was taking the hanger back to let the dress drape across the velvet bench. A smile tugged at her lips as he turned her in his arms and bent to capture her lips in a soft kiss.

She eased her arms about his neck, pulling him closer as the kiss deepened. His lips moved against hers, his tongue softly teasing as it caressed hers. Damn, he was a gifted kisser, and for a moment, she didn’t feel quite so frumpy and disheveled.

He broke the kiss reluctantly, his lips sweeping along her cheekbone, up toward her temple as he whispered, “I should let you dress.”

“You should,” she murmured, “but I wouldn’t push you away if you wanted to kiss me again.”

His laughter was a warm caress on her cheek. “Always, love. Always.”

With that, his hand slid up along her neck to cradle her face, tilting her head back as he kissed her again. His fingers were warm on her cheek, his thumb skimming along just beneath her cheekbone.

When he pulled back, he smiled and drew her into his chest, wrapping both arms about her as he tucked her against him. “I love you, darling girl,” he murmured, pressing a kiss into the top of her head.

She smiled. When they stood like this, she fit perfectly, just beneath his chin, and when he held her this way, he surrounded her, made her feel safe and secure. “I love you, too, Loki,” she whispered, closing her eyes as she savored the feel of him against her.

He kissed the top of her head again before stepping back. “And now, I will let you dress in peace, since the Allfather is expecting us shortly.”

“I’ll be ready. I promise.”

“I know you will.” He picked up his helmet and moved back to the door. Then, he paused, snapping his fingers. “There was one more thing, before I forget.”

With that, he flicked his fingers and she felt something warm lying against her skin. Turning to the mirror, she smiled and shook her head. “Loki…”