The one and only Trollhunter

Requested by @EuphoricStrangeness

I'm sure everyone has already seen the disappointing film already, but

I'm sure everyone has already seen the disappointing film already, but... Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans spoilers ahead.

There was so much I expected when I first watched this film... and all of my expectations were pretty much spit on. Besides the spectacular animation, the film could've been so much better!

It could've been another show, for one. There was too much to unpack for just an hour long movie.

They could've not killed pretty much everybody off.

They could've not went back in time. That would've been great.

They could've NOT made Toby the Trollhunter. That was stupid.

To sum it all up, there was a lot that happened that most people didn't like. I forgot to mention Steve getting pregnant should've NEVER been a consideration when they were planning this movie.

Also, Aja basically attacking Jim was just annoying.

Toby dying and then getting the amulet, though? Totally contradicts episode eleven in S1 of Trollhunters titled, "Unbecoming." That whole episode was how Jim literally went back in time to basically rewrite his destiny, only to realize everything would result into chaos because he wasn't the Trollhunter.

More really disappointing factors: Strickler and Barbara being engaged only for them to kill off Strickler and leave Barbara and Jim alone AGAIN. Getting teased over Twitter that the movie would shed more light about Jim's father when really, we got NOTHING. Jim not saying "I love you" to Claire... and I'm sure there's more I could add, but then this list would be endless.

Anywho, this isn't exactly a 'rewrite'. It's just a snippet of my vision and how some things (or thoughts) should've been discussed. Don't worry, Jim stays the Trollhunter in this and no one dies.

__________________________

In a semi-alternate universe to defeating the titans, Jim struggles with self-identity when the amulet is destroyed

In a semi-alternate universe to defeating the titans, Jim struggles with self-identity when the amulet is destroyed. Thankfully, he has his friends to help him create a new one, and to remind him that he will always be the Trollhunter.