1| Aria Meets World

ON THE FIRST DAY OF SEVENTH GRADE, Aria Matthews' alarm clock went off at 6 in the morning. Excited, she quickly got out of bed and began to get ready for the day, getting dressed and quickly running a brush through her hair. As soon as she finished, she walked out of her room to get breakfast.

On her way to the kitchen, she passed her twin sister, Riley's room and overheard her say, "Why do we have to sneak out of the house if we're not doing anything wrong until we sneak onto the subway?"

"You think you're ready to just walk by your parents?" She heard Riley's best friend, Maya Hart, ask.

"I think I'm ready." was Riley's reply. Aria decided to walk in after she heard that.

"Let me see your face as you walk by Mom and Dad." She commanded and watched as her sister's face morphed into one of fear and nervousness.

"Why are you making that face at us, Riley?" Maya asked, pretending to be the twin's parents.

"Because I'm sneaking onto the subway." Riley revealed and paused for a moment before she said, "Out the window."

"Let's go." Maya said and with that, they crawled out the window.

Aria shook her head and sat down on Riley's bed before she started counting, "3...2...1..." and watched as Riley and Maya crawled backwards into the room, followed by the twin's dad, Cory Matthews.

"Here's what I'm thinking," He started, "It's not your world yet. It's still my world. Because if it was your world, Maya would have you on the subway already, thinking you put something over on me. But you didn't. Know how I know? Look at ya, you're right here." Cory dramatically ranted, which caused Aria to let out a laugh.

"You knew he was out there, didn't you?" Riley asked her twin.

"I would not be this entertained if I just told you, would I?" She shrugged.

"How long do I have to live in my father's world?" Riley sighed.

"Until you make it yours," Cory stressed, "Riley, do you know what I want more than anything for you and your sister? Go ahead. Make it yours."

"I will. And when I do, will you still be there for me?"

"Right here," Topanga Matthews, the twin's mother, said while standing at the door. She walked in and linked arms with her husband, "We'll be right here."

Riley and Maya shared a look before they too linked hands and looked expectantly at Aria.

"Have fun." She smiled at them.

"You're not coming with us?" Riley pouted.

"I wish I could, but Dad's taking me to school so I can hang some posters for Student Council before school starts." Aria shrugged.

"Okay." Riley sighed.

~~~

AROUND AN HOUR LATER, Aria was in the middle of the seventh grade hallway helping a friend from Student Council hang some last minute 'welcome' posters on the wall, when Principal Yancy came up to them with a dirty blonde haired boy, no more than a year older than her, trailing behind him.

"Miss Matthews, Mr. Murphy." Yancy greeted them.

"Good Morning, Principal Yancy." They greeted in unison.

"Are either of you free to show this new student around? I have some paperwork to attend to."

"I wish we could, Principal Yancy. But we agreed to hang some posters for Student Council." Aria said, apologetically.