Robb swiftly picked up a sword as Roose Bolton approached him. Quick enough he swung his sword to the Bolton and they battled each other as Joanna picked up a fallen crossbow and shot a few of the men firing from above them. Her hands struggled to keep still as she shot them through their throats all falling to their knees – but there were too many of them.

She could hear Robbs blade seething with Rooses as turned to shoot Roose through his shoulder and knee as he screamed with pain. Joanna reloaded the crossbow and fired at every Bolton and Frey man lunging towards them, Robb pulled her behind him as he cut through Walders sons. The Bolton man falling to his knee. As sadistic as they can come he raised his hand silencing the fire. Taking a sip of wine before looking to the blood soaked couple

"Well, I'll give you this – they don't call you the undefeated for nothing. The boy in the North and valiant bitch. How do you Southerners do weddings back home dear, whats the saying men, long may they reign?" Walder laughed like maniac as he poured himself more wine. Robb could see more Frey men arm themselves with crossbows as he had Joanna clung to his back.

From the ground up Catelyn dragged herself to grab the nearest knife as she grabbed the young girl closest to Walder Frey and held the blade to her bare neck. Lord Walder head shooting back to the widowed Stark

"Lord Walder, enough!" She yelled at him "Let it end! Please! He is my son!"

Robb and Joanna looked to Catelyn as Joanna felt her body shift as Robb held her by the waist with her chest latched onto his. The stench of wine and blood burning through her nose.

"Let them go and I swear that we will forget this! Please! Let them go and kill me instead! I swear it by the old gods and new we will take no vengeance!" Catelyn desperately pleaded to which Walder was unmoved by

"You already swore me one oath in this castle, you swore by all the gods that your son would marry my daughter and not this Lannister bitch! And wheres the little girl to marry one of my sons! What did you unbirth her?!" He shouted as the anger took over his cold demeanour.

"Robb, take Joanna and leave! Robb please!" Catelyn sobbed as she held the blade up to the young girls throat. Bran, Rickon, his father and now his mother. Sansa a hostage and god knows if Arya is still alive – he couldn't. He couldn't disappoint his father by not protecting his family. He looked down to Joanna's face drenched in blood spatters as she shook her head

"Were not leaving her behind! Were not fucking leaving without you Catelyn!" Joanna screamed as her voice became hoarse. Catelyn cried at Joannas statement. On more occasions than once she proved herself to be a Stark but this was not the time to show courage. She needed them to leave her behind –

"On my honour as a Tully, on my honour as a Stark, let him go or I will cut your wifes throat!" Catelyn warned him

"I'll find another." Walder Frey smirked before looking at Robb and Joanna. "Long may the boy of the north and his valiant bitch live." He nodded his head as he sat back as the last arrows were shout.

"Mother." Robb called her as she looked with eyes glistened in tears to the fear in his eyes. Robb clung to Joanna, his arms protecting her back as he turned them to have the arrows pierce through his back. Joanna shrieked as she felt them fall to the bloody floor.

"Stay down and don't move an inch. I love you." Robb whispered as he kissed her forehead as they laid on the blood. She could feel the blood from Robbs mouth cover hear eyes. She didn'tidnt listen to Robb as she removed herself from his chest taking hold of the nearest dagger, like a raging fire she shot every knife through the last of the Freys. Robb gagging on his blood as his head rested on her shoulder he heard the sound of men falling to his knees. At very last Roose Bolton rose to his only working leg as he approached them with his sword in hand. Robb sat up grabbing a discarded crossbow, with little strength he had and trembling hand he shot Roose through the balls as he fell to the ground.

"Fucking useless, aren't you?" Walder Frey insulted the injured Bolton

"Joanna, take Robb and go – go to Jon-" Before Catelyn could finish her sentence the blood spilled from her neck as blade cut through her skin to the bone. Like a river flowing down a stream the blood soaked Catelyns blue gown. The very bone visibly through the skin. Catelyn Stark died with a piercing scream wallowing the hall.

The hall was filled with dead Frey, Bolton and Stark men.

"Well, you're definitely better fighters than your fathers combined I'lll give you that. Look around you two shits, you've managed to kill all of my men and my half of my sons!" he scolded them as Joanna and Robb trembled as their eyes shot to all the men they managed to kill

"But I still have one card up my sleeve."

Joannas legs lips as she clutched Robb around his waist as his head rested in her shoulder. He sat up as he brought her closer, even injured still protecting her. Joanna screamed when she saw Catelyns dull and lifeless body. He looked to her a final time as their hairs were pulled back and two silver blades were held against their necks.

"You could have spared the North an entire war if you had just listened to me. " Their blood ran cold and they turned they recognized the hate and pessimism out of one voice and one voice only.

Shae

Separating the two Joanna fell limp to the floor as she saw Shaes sword travel through Robbs stomach. He didn't scream or protest. He was accepting his fate. Robb Stark looked to Joanna a final time as he said

"Forever?" falling to the ground as the blood pooled out from under his body. His eyes closed as his twitching hand became still. Joanna felt someone hold her from the back when she attempted to tackle Shae – she screams bloodcurdling as she was forced to the ground. His name echoed through the hall before her mouth and nose was clothed close and she felt her body release to the numbness.

Her arm stretching out to reach Robb before everything she felt, see, touch and could hear became nothing but

a dark void