simran propped her chin up on her elbows, "are you sure?" he asked her.

"well, yeah." ayan shrugged. 

yeah, right?

"it's because i got this new two piece swim-suit last week." simran said, "and i want to try it out."

oh, great. she had even packed her swimming costume to a wedding. no wonder her bags were so fucking heavy. ayan hadn't packed his swimming trunks—maybe he was sane or really just fucking under packed. 

"why didn't i think of this before, right? we were rotting in this room all day." simran said, sitting up on the bed.

right? ayan could've occupied himself with swimming rather than pretending to check his dry as fuck e-mails. seriously? who even sent e-mails anymore?

"we need essentials—" simran began, getting up to her feet. she was about to put on her slippers when—

uhm, wasn't she forgetting something really important?

"—simran, stop! your nails aren't dry yet." ayan pointed out.

. . . ohkay. what was that? where the hell did that come from? 

simran looked down at her black-painted nails, "oh! gosh, i almost forgot!" she exclaimed.

well, obviously.

"thank you so much, ayan!" simran said, looking back at him. "that would've ruined everything!"

well, call him superman because he just single-handedly stopped the most disastrous thing from happening.

ayan shook his head, mostly because he had no idea what to say. it wasn't everyday that he stopped someone from ruining their perfectly done nails—well, it wasn't everyday that he talked to girls either, to be honest. he guessed they all learned something new as we go.

"right, as i was saying, essentials—" simran continued, crossing across the room barefoot, "we need sunscreen, sunglasses, spf lip balm—" she began, opening her clutch and bringing out her make-up products.

spf lip balm? well, it seemed like he was really learning something new as they went.

"do you use sunscreen, ayan?" she turned towards him.

should he? "uh, no." ayan answered.

simran frowned at him, "do you know how bad that is for your skin?" she asked.

no. he honestly didn't. should he be worried?

and simran sangha cared about . . . his skin? honestly, why would she care if he got sunburnt?

when he didn't answer, simran said, "you should start using sunscreen." she said, tossing the tube of sunscreen over to him.

ayan barely caught it, and he looked down at the tube. will he apply sunscreen because the 'it girl' of their year told him so? yes, absolutely. why the hell not?

"uh, thanks." he replied.

"give me a second to get ready. we'll leave in around thirty minutes?" simran offered.

"uh, sounds good to me." ayan said, closing his laptop.

was this a date? of course not. don't be stupid, ayan. pretty girls like simran sangha were way out of his league. he was simran's sidekick here.

simran took her canvas bag and her clutch and left for the bathroom.

ayan sat there on the couch for a moment, keeping his laptop aside.