Chapter 11: Rekindle

"Um, okay?" I said giggling off the awkwardness. "Ash I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too." He smiled finally letting go of the awkward stare he held on Justin.

"Uh, Sel, I'm gonna go home and change and maybe we can do something later?" Justin said.

"Yeah, that's fine. Me and Ash will just be here, catching up." I said.

Justin gave me a hug and then darted out of the door. It wasn't like him to just rush off like that but I didn't have time to think about it. It's been so long since we've talked.

"Look at me and listen." I said grabbing Ashton's shoulders. "Never again will we ever go this long without talking to or seeing each other. "

"Pinky promise." He said with that super dorky smile that always made me laugh.

"So what are we doing?" Mom asked.

"I don't know about you but Ash and I have a lot of catching up to do." I said grabbing his hand and rushing upstairs.

We sat down on my bed and I grabbed a cold bag of white cheddar popcorn out of my mini fridge.

"What's new? Tell me everything." I said stuffing a hand full of popcorn in my face.

"Well, I have a new girlfriend. Her name is Lacey. We've been together for about 1 year or 2 now." He said.

"Age? Is she pretty? Does she have kids? Are we sure you love this girl?!"

"Sel. You're doing it again." Ash said.

"Doing what?" I asked, popcorn falling from my mouth.

"You know that thing where you get super overprotective. Lacey is amazing. Am I sure that we'll be walking down the Isle anytime soon? Not really. But I really like her."  He explained. "Now what about you? What's up with you and Bieber?"

"Oh, Bieber. Yeah Justin and I are sort of a thing." I said.

"Sort of a thing? That's all you're gonna say? Come on, Sel. It's not like you to not give detail." He said.

I didn't what to say. I mean me and Justin are a thing. Not really serious. I really like him but let's keep in mind he is my teacher. Ash is my best friend but until I know what is going on with him and Justin, I'm not sure if I should tell him.

"We are just friends. We met over the summer. That douche bag Harry was messing with him so Madi and I helped him out."

I looked up at Ash's face and he was looking down at his wrist and his face was red.

"You miss her?" I asked.

"A lot, Sel." He responded.

"Ashton, talk to her."

"What am I suppose to say, Sel? Oh hey Mads, sorry that you thought I was dead but I am so alive and sorry that I lied to you about pretty much everything." He said sarcastically.

"Just tell her why you did it."

"What is that going to change? It still happened, Sel."

"Why did you tell everyone that you were dead?" I asked finally. That is one thing Ash never would tell me.

Ash and Madi dated a few years ago, when Ash first moved we kept in touch. He just suddenly thought it would be best for all of his friends here if we thought he was dead, so he had his dad tell us all that he died in an accident. Madi took it so hard but I don't think she took it harder than I did. I forgave Ash because I mean we're best friends and maybe it had something to do with his mom.

"Does it matter? It's still wrong, Sel." He said frustratedly.

"Sorry." I said.

"No, no I'm sorry. Sel I just, I just don't know what to do without her. We were just, so close." He explained.

"I'll talk to her." I said.

"Will you?" He said.

"Of course I will. You're my best friend. She's my best friend. I love you both and I know the both of you are so miserable without one another."

He jumped up and hugged me.

"Thank you so much, Sel."

A few seconds later, there was a knock at my door.

"Selly, honey. Justin is here. " my mom said.

I looked outside of my window and it was dark.

8:30 already.  Time flies.

I ran downstairs and Justin was just standing in the middle of the livingroom.

"Hey." I said hugging him.

"Hey there beautiful." He said hugging back.

"Uh, Sel, I think I'm about to leave." Ashton said walking downstairs.

"Really? Um okay." I said.

"I'll walk you out man." Justin said following Ashton outside.

They walked outside and the door shut.

~Justin's Point of View~

I shut the door behind me as I walked outside.

"Irwin. Where have you been man?" I asked.

"Why are you here?" He asked, defensively.

"Woah, Woah calm down. We wouldn't want for Selly to find out what's happening here now would we?" I laughed.

"If you are planning on hurting my little sister I swear I'l-"

"You'll what?" I cut him off, "You'll run off again? You'll tell all of your friends that you're dead and then move, again? Or maybe just maybe you'll hurt her yourself?"

"Me? Hurt Sel? Why would I do that?"

"The same reason why you hurt Lacey. It's your job." I said. "Now, I'm gonna go back inside. Not a word of this to Selena,  okay?"

He nodded his head slowly and got into his car. I went back inside and upstairs to Selena's room. I laid in bed next to her and wrapped my arms around her.

"What was that about?" She asked. She sounds so innocent, so sweet.

"Just catching up, that's all." I said and kissed her cheek.

A/n
Oooooh this is weird. Sneaky shit going on between Ashton and Justin. Vote, comment, share.