Chapter 21 - Wingmen

Needless to say, I had a great time.

Asahi's POV:

The moment I stepped into my house, I slapped my hands over my steaming red cheeks, already overthinking about the last few hours I had just spent with y/n.

"I actually held her hand. I didn't chicken out." I mumbled to myself, the reality of the situation slowly settling in my overly anxious body.

I clutched the material of my sweater tightly near my heart, as if that gesture would somehow ease my disordinate heartbeat.

As my heart beat on rapidly, my phone pinged in my pocket. I pulled it out without hesitation, but my fingers froze when I saw the text displayed across my screen.

Y/N
Hi! Made it home safe!
Thanks for a really fun day!
Okay if I don't respond it's definitely because I'm reading this entire book rn

I couldn't help but smile at the fact that her personality even shone through the seemingly emotionless form of communication. I could practically see her face as she typed out the message, probably already with the book in hand, ready to devour each and every word.

I finally kicked off my shoes and walked up to my room, tossing my sketchbook and the few assorted pens and pencils I had purchased onto my bed.

I fell onto my bed, the day playing over and over in my mind as I softly smiled to myself.

I was almost tempted to draw her in the cat cafe, but quickly decided against it because I had no idea how she would react if I asked her.

I mean, if someone asked me that, I wouldn't even know what to say. I would probably just find a way out of that situation and fast.

But y/n isn't like me.

'You can draw? Can I see!'

Her words echoed in my mind as I got up and made my way to my desk, pulling out my old sketchbook from the top drawer.

"What could I show her?" I thought out loud as I quickly flipped through the book and it's many filled pages.

I turned through page after page of character drawings that I had made from my favorite shows, a few that I had done of Daichi, Suga and the rest of the team the year prior, and a few plants here and there.

My eyes hovered for a moment over the messy sketches of clothing that I had made, but quickly moved on to something she would find more interesting.

As I tried to examine my artwork through the eyes of an outside source, I heard the doorbell ring.

"ASAHI! TELL US HOW IT WENT!" Suga's voice pierced through both the door to my house and the door to my room, before I heard him pound on the door a few times.

'Suga? What's he doing here?'

As soon as I opened the door, both Daichi and Suga rushed in, not even letting me take a breath before they started firing off questions.

"How was it?"

"What did you do?"

"Did you tell her she looked pretty?"

"Guys, w-wait-"

"Did you kiss?"

"EH? No!"

"Aw." They said simultaneously, sending each other a sad look.

"H-how did you even know I was home?" I sputtered out, watching the two slide off their shoes as I stood there in utter shock and confusion, "I mean, I just got home a few minutes ago."