2

It was around my first year of high school. I was a transfer student who hated studying. By the time I was told to stand in front of the class and introduce myself, someone fell off their chair.

Regardless if that person really did fall or was pushed by someone else, everyone snickered and dismissed it like it was another Tuesday.

I saw something in his eyes that triggered a certain interest within me.

Only because I was familiar with what he's going through.

As days turned to weeks, I watched him with an eagle gaze. I witnessed multiple fights where he just wouldn't fight back.

Did I feel sorry for him?

Big time.

But I couldn't do anything.

At least not yet.

Eventually, there stood a time when something within me snapped.

It was around lunch break and the kid with glasses was nowhere to be found.

And those group of bullies were absent from their table as well.

I had left the couple of friends I made and my instinct took me.

For some reason, the roof top came to mind.

And the sight that met me burned the chains of what was restraining me from taking action.

He was surrounded, standing on the edge of the building while they prompted him to jump.

Their sickening laughs made my blood boil but by the time I took a step forward, he did the imaginable.

That kid with glasses? He jumped.

Present

I couldn't catch a wink after dropping Luna off last night. Maybe because I was in denial.

In denial of the fact that he actually found me.

Why did I think it would be easy to run anyway? Although I knee of what he was capable off, I still did it.

And there's no changing the past at this point. Dragging my fingers across my hair, I let out an exhausting sigh.

As I walk through the hall of the university, I bump into a familiar face.

Jimin gives me a smile as he tries to balance the piles of books in his arms.

I grab a couple to help him lessen the load and he chuckles.

"Miss goody two shoes is at it again, I see."

"Please." I say with a playful eye roll. "I'm anything but that."

"A little birdie told me Luna gave you a hard time last night."

"That would be an understatement." I grumble under my breath, recalling the hardship of watching her getting into trouble." Speaking of which. Where exactly is that girl?"

"My guesses is that she's suffering from a major hangover." He responds faintly, stopping in front of a class room.  "I guess this is my stop. Thanks."

"No problem." After transferring the books back into his care, I start making my way to my lecture room.

"You're here early." Maya, a girl with bob hair and feline like eyes mutters through a call. "No not you. I'm talking to Y/n- yes. What? No. Okay fine."

The phone's thrusted my way. I think I already knows whose on the other line.

"Hello?"

"Y/nnn!" Luna wails. "Why didn't you tell me it hurts like crap!"

I bet my favorite socks she's talking about her hangover.

"I did warn you."

"Still!"

I have to pull the phone away for a moment to avoid going deaf.

When I think the coast is clear, I gently return the device against my ear. "Just order some hangover soup and drink lots of water. You'll feel better after. I promise."

"You promise?"

"When have I ever lied to you?"

"Okay."

Maya takes her phone back and ends the call without even altering the other line. I chuckle under my breath.

So typical of her.

After that, it's a waiting game for the professor.

A ding from my phone indicates that a message came in.

It's from an unknown number telling me to meet up at the rooftop at a specific time.

Hesitation wells within me. I'm beginning to wonder if they got the wrong number. Either way, just to play it safe, I'll let this slide as a scam text.

I don't want to get involved in anything.

Especially now that I have a lot of things in my mind right now.

I set my phone back in my bag just as the professor enters the room.

Hours pass by and I'm currently in the library with Jimin. The guy's taking criminology but the amount of books could make him pass as a medical student.

Then again, we're still in our first year.

I get another text from my phone. And this time, they're telling me to meet up at a cafe.

Jimin catches the bothered expression I have on. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I've been getting these weird texts though."

"And by weird you mean?" He lifts an eyebrow up.

"Weird like 'let's meet up' weird."

"Do you know them?"

"No."

"Well, in that case. I think you should meet up with them."

To be honest, I'm a little caught off gaurd by that reply. Jimin's normally the kind of person who's conservative. So to hear him say that I should actually meet up with this stranger brings suspiciousness to the surface.

"I guess I will."

"Great. And just so you're safe, I'll come with you."