He was lost in her, and she noticed his expressions getting softer with each passing seconds that's when she realised their position. She tried to get away from him but he put his arm around her making her lay down on him. Her eyes lowered down in shyness as she felt his unwavering gaze on her face.

Her breathing became hard when his fingers lightly caressed her cheeks, he closed his eyes and leaned down kissed her chubby cheeks which were turning pink due to their proximity.

He so wanted to kiss her but his promise was holding him back. Inhaling her hairs once he removed his arm from her, she immediately straightened up and went out of the room with harsh breathing. He turned around and groaned loudly in his pillow.

She regularised her breathing while sitting on one of the dining chairs, she took an empty glass and filled it with water. Her hands were shivering as she held the glass and took it to her lips. She gulped down the water and felt a little relieved.

It has been a month and few days to their marriage and exactly a month to their coming back to Sabur's house. His mother was not happy for sure but she apologized to Aakifah for her behaviour and assured her as well as her husband and son that she won't create any problem in their married life or would never interfere in their lives. Qadir and Sabur agreed with her and Sabur and Aakifah came back to his house.

Safiya didn't behave very politely or kindly with Aakifah but still, she was not being hostile and it was enough, for at least now.

Sabur was making his way in her heart, she knew that. May it be his always affectionate actions towards her or his caring persona. The way he respects her parents or never takes a step ahead from holding her hand or kissing her forehead and cheek. He was making her trust him again.

She has started trusting him back, living under the same roof most of the time, they started becoming friends and now they have become best friends. They joke around, laugh together, prank each other, tease each other and share everything with each other.

Today also they were making fun of each other when Sabur told her that she blabbers in her sleep and she was not ready to accept it which lends both of them into a certain situation.

After that incident, she gets back to her normal self not wanting to create any awkward situation between them.

That night, both of them were sitting on the couch of their balcony looking at the night sky when a question popped up in Aakifa's mind. She turned towards him who was sitting on the other side of the sofa looking at the sky.

"Do you have anything which was mine?" She asked him, and he was surprised at her sudden question.

"What does that mean?" He asked her back.

"I mean have you kept my any belongings with you all this time?" She asked again and he remembered her scarf, he slowly nodded his head and got up from his place. She frowned on his behaviour but he came back with her scarf in his hand.

"This," He said and showed her the scarf, her heart suddenly felt it couldn't take it anymore, she felt something which she couldn't describe. Is it respect for him? Or shock that he kept her scarf all those years? Or something else? What is that?

She was grinning at the sight of the scarf, while he had a soft smile looking at the scarf. "Do you have anything?" He asked back to which she nodded looking back at the sky.

"What?" He asked because he remembered he never gave his handkerchief to her or anything which she can keep.

"Pendant" She replied, he thought for a moment and remembered that he had given a pendant to her after their engagement.

"Why don't you wear it then? I remember you used to wear it in university" He said and she looked at him with a curious look on her face.

"How do you know I used to wear that?" She asked him who shrugged his shoulders in answer telling her, he won't answer her question.

"Anyway, the day I'll feel I am ready, from that day I will start wearing it," She said, focusing her eyes on the sky, and he prayed in his heart for that day to come faster.

"By any means, do you have any idea how far that day is?" He tried his luck and in response, her laughter filled the atmosphere around them. He smiled hearing her laugh, for now, he was happy with this only.

~*~

Hey Guys!

So do you have any idea about the feeling Aakifah is confused about?

The story is nearing the end by the way.

Do you have any thoughts about Sabur's mother?

Till then the next update, Allah hafiz. 

𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚊𝚊𝚊𝚊𝚊..!𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙰𝙻𝙰𝙼𝚄𝙰𝙻𝙰𝙸𝙺𝚄𝙼 𝙱𝙴𝙷𝙽𝙾 𝙰𝚄𝚁 𝚄𝙽𝙺𝙴 𝙱𝙷𝙰𝙸𝚈𝙾....;)

𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚂𝙴 𝙰𝚄𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚁𝚂 𝙰𝚁𝙴 𝚆𝙾𝚁𝙺𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙳 𝚃𝙾 𝙱𝚁𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙹𝙾𝚈 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚃𝙰𝙸𝙽𝙼𝙴𝙽𝚃 𝚃𝙾 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙶𝚄𝚈𝚂.
𝚂𝙾 𝙼𝙰𝙺𝙴 𝚂𝚄𝚁𝙴 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝚂𝙿𝙰𝙼 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙸𝙵𝙸𝙲𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽𝚂 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙷 𝚅𝙾𝚃𝙴𝚂 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙼𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚂. ~𝙽𝚄𝙶𝙶𝙴𝚃