After losing Jiang Chen Qing, the other Elders had turned a blind eye to their frailty and even the Sovereign had indulged Ke Cang Ju in the killing of disciples of the Qing Yun Clan. The disciples now started to fear for their own safety and developed hatred for the other peaks.

They were afraid that they would turn out to be the next target and they took it out on the other Elders' and the Sovereign's indifference to their plight.

They were disciples of the Qing Yun Clan just like the others. Why were they abandoned and allowed to be oppressed by Ke Cang Ju so openly?

The indignation and hatred festered and they soon cut off all forms of contact with the other peaks. The Ash Cloud Peak was in a state of lockdown and their disciples were never seen outside again.

They were abandoned by the clan and had received no pity or consideration for the dire plight the peak was suffering under. They refused to become sacrificial sheep for any of the other peaks to take for granted.

Just days after the injustice suffered by the Ash Cloud Peak, the other Elders who had been indifferent suddenly stopped smiling.

As "Ke Cang Ju" started to make rounds with his two disciples to appear before their gates. They had come to ask for the exact same thing as they had asked from the Ash Cloud Peak.

The first to be hit was the Cloud Banner Peak!

Chapter 313: "Fear Spreads (4)"

The Elder of the Cloud Banner Peak was Cai Zhuo, a man past fifty. Before Qin Yue took over as the Sovereign, he was already an Elder of the Qing Yun Clan then. Due to his seniority, Cai Zhuo commanded quite a bit of respect among the other Elders and even Qin Yue deferred to him at times.

No one had expected that Ke Cang Ju would be so bold to go straight up to the Cloud Banner Peak and stand before the white bearded Cai Zhuo and snatch two disciples from right under his nose. Their domineering ways nearly made the Elder faint in rage!

Arrogance! Absolute tyranny!

The tragedy that befell the Ash Cloud Peak was replicated in the Cloud Banner Peak in just days apart! What was even more unacceptable was that Ke Cang Ju had seized the disciples in the face of Cai Zhuo's refusal, totally disregarding the authority of an Elder.

When the Ash Cloud Peak's disciples had been seized, the other peaks had thought it was due to the lack of an Elder's protection that Ke Cang Ju dared dominate over them.

But in the case of the Cloud Banner Peak, Ke Cang Ju's tyranny could clearly be seen!

Their Elder had been present, alive and kicking, but Ke Cang Ju had seized disciples right before his eyes! He acted like he owned the Cloudy Peaks!

Cai Zhuo was furious and his disciples persuaded him to go to Qin Yue. The senior Elder related Ke Cang Ju's arrogance and tyranny in detail to the Sovereign and pleaded till his voice went hoarse, but he still did not manage to convince Qin Yue to act against Ke Cang Ju.

Qin Yue only tried to appease Cai Zhuo and promised that in the next upcoming recruitment, he would allow Cai Zhuo first pick at the talents and did not say anything more about the matter.

When Cai Zhuo departed from Qin Yue's, his face became pale from his long suppressed rage and upon stepping out the gates, he dropped in a dead faint and had to be carried back to the Cloud Banner Peak by his flustered disciples!

With the Cloud Banner Peak as a prime example, the other Elders started to get worried. Ke Cang Ju had shown that he was capable of such atrocities and the Sovereign still chose to distant himself from the matter. Ke Cang Ju was hence allowed to act with impunity.