A new beginning

No copy rights infringement intended. Please comment ( I would even appreciate constructive criticism) and if you like it, vote!

Scorpius's Birth.

Narcissa Malfoy paced the corridor of the Hospital, her hands clutched together so tightly that her nails dug in her skin. But she was too worked up to care. As if in contrast, a woman sat calmly on the plush sofas, paying no attention to Narcissa. Instead she concentrated on the carefully wrapped crystal ball, rocking back and forth as she concentrated.

"The birth in winter already warns about the health of the child, Narcissa. Having me see into the child's future, especially so early isn't going to change that." The woman told her calmly, "His future is so bleak, I can't see much already."

The soothsayer smiled then, as if in response to Narcissa's worry.

"But I can tell you already that the boy's fate is closely linked with death, as though Hades is too fond of him... He amazes me." She continued, caressing the surface of the ball so lightly, she was barely touching it.

The woman's sharp intake of breath made Narcissa pause in her pacing and sit at her feet.

"He is here!" The gypsy exclaimed, her eyes wide, her lips stretched in a grin.

"Really?!"

The gypsy nodded, her eyes never leaving the crystal ball, her eyes wide. But then she calmed herself." Scorpius shall be the name, to the one who is dear to Hades."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 The hospital Astoria was taken to was surprised to see them. But the staff jumped to attention when Draco waved Muggle cash and gold credit cards in their faces.

If only they had not been taking a tour around the Muggle community and had instead stayed at home, Draco thought, shaking his head as he filled the paperwork, frustrated by the Muggle's backward procedures.

Soon enough, they were both ushered in the delivery room. The baby appeared to be coming on fast. A nurse asked him to put on a gown and a mask.

Astoria was drenched in sweat already and in the throes of real pain. But she was not screaming. Instead, she just kept her eyes and mouth tightly shut, groaning at most. Her head occasionally jerked on one side, showing the pulsing veins in her throat. But she did not scream.

An anesthesiologist appeared and wanted to give her Demerol, explaining that it would take the edge off the contractions, and maybe an epidermal to partially numb her lower body. Draco felt stiff and rigid with the stress, barely grasping anything, he looked at Astoria hoping that she would help him, even at a time like this.

"I don't need anything." Astoria managed to say," I have my husband with me."

The anesthesiologist looked on the verge on arguing, but Draco felt his muscles relax the tiniest bit as he held her hand. He was touched by the remark. Even if under normal circumstances he would have dismissed it as sentimental nonsense. Astoria's hand was sweaty in his, but soft, and Draco held on to it like it was his most prized possession.

"I'm with you." He told her, kissing the back of her hand. "All's well"

He said that probably to reassure himself. He told her that over and over. Actually, 'All's well' was the sentence he had said the first time the baby had kicked in Astoria's womb. The baby kicked whenever they said it. Magic, they had called it. The excitement they had felt seemed like a lifetime away.