The Decision (pt.1)

*~*

The wake up call was brutal, but I was pretty used to it. At about 8:30am, a siren was blared so loud it could be heard all across the Reaper building. I groan and snuggle into the duvet.
My phone vibrated with a text from Chris.

'Hey, meet with me at the dining hall soon'

I grin and slide out of bed after reading the text, not even bothering to fix the sheets. Today was going to be a long day. I hop in the shower, wash my jet black hair that swept over one eye slightly and washed my body. I dry my hair quickly and straighten it finally to make sure there were no stray curls. I pull on black skinny jeans and a purple Gengar shirt. At the corner of my eye, I spot the school bag in the corner that I had in case my subject was a high school student, which he was. I pull on some shoes, grab my phone and open my bedroom door closing it behind me. I made my way through the halls where most of the rooms are and soon arrive at the dining hall; a long stretching table where we all 'enjoy' our meals. I don't usually eat regularly like the other Reapers do, though.
As I was in line for my breakfast, I felt a tap on my shoulder.
"Hey Lester."
Chris.
I grin. "Hello Kendell," I reply in the same tone of voice he used.
I reach the front of the line and collect my two pancakes and orange juice. Chris followed. We take seats near the end of the table. I like sitting a little further from everyone else. I just knew I never fit in with everyone else. But thank god I have Chris.
"So what's up with you? You seem happier than usual this morning," I question.
Chris licked his lips and looked at me.
"It's just.." Chris turned and looked behind him and I tried to see what he was looking at. Then I spotted him. A tall, lanky brunette with curly locks. He was wearing a striped jumper and skinny jeans. He was quite attractive.
Chris than turned back to me.
"I just met a guy."
"Yeah, I could tell. You were just eyeing him up," I chuckle.
"Shut up," he exclaimed and hit me in the arm playfully.
"He's new here, just came in last night he told me," Chris continued.
"What's his name?" I ask.
"Pj. Pj Ligouri. He's from Brighton."
I nod. I've never been to Brighton, but I've heard it's nice. I lived in Yorkshire before I came here.
"He's honestly quite fit," stated Chris.
Me and Chris both had a thing for guys, but Chris was bi while I was gay.
"So anyway mate, I heard you have to judge an Inbetween. I'm so sorry." He puts a hand on my shoulder and I crack another grin.
"Nah, it's alright. This is gonna be tough..but I guess I'm up for it. You go have fun with Ligouri over there. But not too much fun," I wink and he blushes.
I get up from the table with my bag still slung around me shoudler and leave. I pull out the Portal Key from my pocket. A Portal Key is what all Reapers are given to go to Earth. As mostly all of the Reapers here are from Britian, the Portal Key transports you to cities in the UK. Today I was going to a high school in Southern London. I didn't know what to expect really, because I've never been to a highschool (because of being a Reaper during high school days). I didn't know what to expect because I've only seen high school films. And judging by that, the place looks torturous. I take a deep breath and stick the key in the wall, stepping through. I was introduced to the loud and busy streets of the city. I pay a cab to drive me to the parking lot of the school and drop me off. I thank the driver and get out. I try not to make contact to the many loud and talkative teenagers laughing and carrying on about whatever. I guess I couldn't say anything myself because I'm still a teenager, but I'm not like any of these kids. I pull out my timetable and after looking I find my first class of the day: 113b.
I walk in and keep my head down, trying not to gain attention from anyone. Everybody in the room seemed to be talking amongst themselves loudly except for a guy in the back. I grinned as I reconized him. Tall, brown hair, slightly tanned skin, and apperant hazel eyes. I couldn't tell from over here. He was sitting in the back so I went and joined him. I dumped my bag on the floor next to me and looked down, twiddling my fingers. I didn't know how to make conversation. He must of saw me because a soft and gentle voice spoke "hi."
I look over at him.

Jesus Christ.

The description was right. His eye colour greatly resembled the colour of chocolate. They were deep and quite beautiful, just like the rest of his face.

What..what?

"Hey," I answer casually, but inside I was sort of freaking out.
Why was I so anxious all of a sudden?
"Who are you? I haven't seen you around." He smiled gently and that made something in my stomach leap. I don't know why.
"Oh I-um, I'm new."
Shit, I hope I wasn't blushing.
He nods.
"So um, what's your name?" I ask, playing along.
"Daniel, but call me Dan," he says. I already knew his name but of course..I had to play along.
"I'm Philip, but I like Phil."
Dan smiled widely at that.
"Phil. Well Phil, can I see your timetable?" He asks.
I take a second to admire his features before snapping back into reality and stuttering, "oh o-of course!" I pull it out of my black bag and hand it to him. A moment later he hands the paper back to me and smiles like he did the last time.
"You have all the same classes as me," he chuckles.
"Well that's surprising!" I laugh back. I was playing along with that as well. I knew The Highers had contacted the school and had that set up for me, though. Our first class was English. I didn't really pay attention to what the teacher was reading about. I wanted to be in my own little world. I drew tiny pictures on my paper with a pen and thought my own thoughts. I thought about having to go to this school for awhile, all the stress and pressure high school can give you..I thought about Dan. About what happened to me when I first seen him. My brain got slightly fogged up, my mouth went dry, everything I said came out in a stutter, I blushed..I was praying that whatever was happening, wasn't what I was thinking.
The rest of the day went okay. Dan had helped me find classes and sat with me at lunch and kept me away from the mean kids at this school and was just..a friend.
That night, I slipped into bed with a few stray happy thoughts. I spent the day with none other than the attractive Daniel Howell.

That was all that I needed to be put into a peaceful and drifting sleep.

--

well hello there stranger. 😬
*a wild jennifer appeared*.
im sorry I haven't updated lately. my personal life is getting in the way again >__< but im back!

so what did you think of part 1? will dan and phils friendship remain, or will phils job get in the way?
*smirk*
comment what you think will happen :D I love reading comments!

as always, im jennifer and I will see you soon, baii!
..I sounded like a youtuber that time. lmao.