“Great! Now the first thing we should do is have lunch and head down to the spa,” Ryujin says, slipping out of Yeji’s hold, much to the latter’s annoyance.

“Now? Do we have to do it now?” asks Yeji. She’s expecting a leisurely pace without a schedule or an itinerary to follow.

“Yes. I’ve booked a couple spa package for us.” Ryujin goes to her bag to take her wallet out and places it alongside her phone in the tiny safe. “Do you want to put your stuff here too before we head downstairs?”

“What kind of itinerary have you planned anyway? You’re not even going to ask my opinion on it?” Yeji also takes out her valuables, handing them over to Ryujin. “No phone?”

“They don’t allow phones in the spa so it’s safer and more practical to leave them here,” Ryujin says, locking the safe. “As for the itinerary, I don’t have anything planned after lunch and the spa thing. You’re free to do whatever you want.”

“Somehow I doubt that.”

Ryujin grins, takes hold of Yeji’s hand and presses her lips against her cheek. “I mean it. You can go for a swim or relax in the steam room or do whatever you want. We have free access to all club facilities.”

“That’s because you spent too much on this room.”

“Relax. I’m not a struggling artist anymore.” Ryujin stands in front of Yeji. “Smile, please. I swear that this has no effect on my finances whatsoever. I want to celebrate your birthday because it’s the day I’m most thankful for. If you weren’t born, I’d still be a sad and lonely soul today. Too numb to even remember how love feels like and how to truly live,” she says with that loving look and a smile that melts Yeji’s heart. “How to have something to live for again.”

Yeji exhales, places both hands on Ryujin’s cheek and looks her in the eyes. She wants to say something to convey her feelings but the words she has in mind are too premature to be said out loud. She can only hope that her eyes can express what she feels and that Ryujin would understand somehow.

When Ryujin smiles, beaming at her before tilting her head to kiss her tenderly, sending tingles and warmth down the length of her body, she thinks that maybe the woman does understand.

She pulls her closer, her hands moving to the back of her head, fingers entangled in her hair as she lets Ryujin hold her tightly, pressing their bodies together.

She can’t help but think how perfect they are for each other and how rare it must be for two immortals to have found their partners this way since their kind seem to not be fond of seeking each other out unless absolutely necessary.

This small thought delights her, translating into bolder, more passionate actions.

Ryujin can feel Yeji's hands moving to the back of her neck, her warm palms and fingers gliding over her skin, circling to the front to slip under the collars of her shirt.

Her hands move, one pressing Yeji’s back to draw her even closer while the other travels down.

Yeji’s hands stroke Ryujin’s shoulders then sweep over her collarbones, traveling down towards the center of her chest. They start unbuttoning her loose shirt and that’s when Ryujin abruptly pulls away.

“No. Not now,” she says through her heavy breathing. Her cheeks are flushed and her eyes are dark. It is taking everything in her to create this distance between them because now is not the time. Not yet, at least. “Lunch and spa. Let’s go do that,” she says, buttoning her shirt in a flash, secretly thinking how hot it would be to have Yeji rip the fabric off of her but such thoughts – and actions – would have to wait.