Ubbe smiled as you practically ripped it from his hands and inspected it in your own hands. "It is beautiful." You gasped

"Here." Ubbe said. You handed it to him as he helped you put it on. It fit perfectly.

"Thank you, Ubbe."

Many expected you and Ubbe to marry one day, and become the King and Queen of Kattegat but you both hated the idea. As much as you loved each other, neither of you could see marrying the other.

"So, Paris was everything Athelstan said it would be." Aslaug noted as you showed her the necklace, both of you beaming in happiness.

"Yes, and everything Ragnar dreamed." Bjorn answered. "And more beside."

-

Later that day, you and all the people of Kattegat gathered at the sacred law stone. Usually, the law giver would stand on the rock but today, Aslaug and Bjorn did.

You stood with Helga, Floki and Angrboda. Your sister clung to your hand as you stared up at Bjorn and the Queen.

"Today we grieve for our dead." Bjorn started. "But we should all be proud of what we achieved!"

Turning, Bjorn grabbed something and held it up. It was a lock. "This is a lock from the gates of Paris! I hacked it off myself."

The crowd cheered in victory. Proof of such a victorious chapter in all of your lives.

"Paris has made us all rich! But to be rich means one thing! To satisfy our dreams! Nothing can stop us!!"

The crowd cheered even louder as you smiled up at your proud father before Bjorn continued.

"Now, Ragnar is dangerously ill. It is true he may die. But who is your King?!"

"RAGNAR!!" The crowd cheered in response

"And to whom do we owe our allegiance?!"

"RANGAR!"

"I can't hear you!" Bjorn roared

"RAGNAR!"

"And to whom do we owe our gratitude?!"

"RAGNAR!" You and the crowd roared in answer

"Ragnar himself has shown his gratitude to those who have trusted and believed in him!" Bjorn said as he and everyone else started to once again be calm. "For example, his loyal friend, the English Monk Athelstan..."

The crowd began to murmur as your mother glanced at Floki and his face fell.

"Athelstan helped him to understand many things. Ragnar always claimed that we went to Paris because of Athelstan! Therefore... I order the arrest of Floki for the murder of Athelstan." Bjorn said

Your eyes snapped up to your father in shock. Floki was the one who killed Athelstan?

The crowd murmured even louder as people began to shout at your father.

"Papa!" You said as Floki pulled out his axe, ready to attack the men who were about to arrest him. "My father wouldn't do something like that, Bjorn! That is not true! I refuse to believe it!"

"It is true, Astrid." Bjorn simply said

"He's not lying, Astrid. But what I did, I did for the common good! For the sake of all of us! I have nothing to answer for." Floki said. He put his axe away and raised his arms in the air. Men from all directions grabbed him.

"Don't you remember, Bjorn? How we talked about that Christian priest, and how you also feared his influence on your father?!" Floki shouted up to the oldest prince but Bjorn remained silent. "Why don't you admit it? Admit it!"