Special Story - The Cat

Woooh!! The book reached 68k views! Also 3k votes! ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ

Thank you to everyone reading! Thought it would be the perfect time to finally publish this!

___________________________________________________________

'Where has my stupid hooman go to?' An orange cat thought, laying on the couch watching TV. 'Stinky.' It thought as it slowly pushed the "stinky" pillow off its throne.

"A man that was hit and killed by a truck has been identified by the police this morning."

"Haru Kadenokoji, 25, was struck by a box truck traveling on the roads of Fukuoka."

The cat didn't bother to listen to the news anymore as it stared at the picture of his hooman being shown on the screen.

'My stupid hooman has become famous now!'

The cat felt proud, until the screen showed a dried pool of blood on the road.

'Wait a minute.'

'MY HOOMAN DIED!'

'WHAT DO I DO NOW? WHO WILL FEED ME?!'

The cat quickly jumped off the couch and stared walking in circles until it heard the door opening.

'Wait, maybe that was my hooman! Maybe he didn't die!'

Quickly running to the front doors, it's hope went down the drain when it saw not his hooman, but someone else.

"Poor cat. I didn't expect for Haru-san to suddenly die." The girl bent down and tried to pet the cat, but it avoided the hand and ran away from her.

"Ah! Wait, I didn't mean to scare you!"

'Stay away from me, you random hooman! You're not my hooman!'

Days passed and a funeral was soon held for it's hooman. The cat quietly sat in front of coffin, and waited for all the others to go out before it sat on top of the coffin.

It stared at its hooman lying inside, who was no longer breathing.

The rain continued pouring on outside, as if mourning for the man who has passed on to the afterlife.

It suddenly remembered the time where it was still living in the streets, stealing from stalls and taking cover in random places whenever it rained.

It was also raining on the day it had met its hooman, holding an umbrella and a plastic bag filled with groceries.

The hooman had picked him up, and brought it home where it was properly taken care of, being fed with delicious food and showered with love.

Even when the hooman had been kicked out of his fancy house and started living on the streets like it had in the past, the hooman had tried its best to provide him with food.

'Stupid hooman. Why did you leave me?'