School Of Magic - 7

Weeks after his debut, came his affinity test which would take place in Aznierra, which was the biggest magic school in Grusha.

He didn't bother counting days, and slept most of the time on their way to Aznierra on a ship.

Their duchy was quite far from the school, situated in the northwest part of the map, while the school was in a big island in the south.

His parents were quite reluctant to send him to an island so far away from home, but knowing that it was protected by barriers, they reluctantly let him go.

But not without protective measures, of course.

They gave him a pair of amethyst earrings, that's supposed to be a protective charm.

There was also another hidden option, which he found through the item info.

That is, tracking.

'Of course it's tracking. I'd actually be more worried rather than relieved if they didn't.'

"Young Master, we are about to arrive." Orabelle said.

Aznierra allowed nobles to bring only one servant to help them, and Orabelle was specifically picked by his parents.

'Yeah, I'll just pretend I didn't see that dagger. This is fine.'

His affinity test turned out pretty normal in his perspective, being revealed as someone who's compatible with all four elements.

At least they didn't know that he could actually use more than that or the kingdom might as well kidnap him and start performing experiments on his body.

Or maybe get kidnapped by other kingdoms, but oh well.

They were now inside of a building, which was pretty similar to an auditorium, and randomly found a place to sit.

After everyone was seated, a man stood on the stage and the crowd slowly went silent.

"Well, hello to everyone that's here today! As many of you probably know, I'm the current head of the mage tower, Azra Septis. I sometimes work as a lecturer here in Aznierra, so all of you can expect to see me here."

The man clad in black, Azra introduced with a small smile.

'A capture target.' He thought. 'Ah, now that I think about it, where's the heroine?'

'On second thought, never mind. I'm probably better off with little to no interactions with her. Including the capture targets.'

After all the boring introductions, he's now in a field with other nobles. 'Magic class, huh.' He thought.

Orabelle was in a different class, one specifically for servants.

"As all of you has finished your affinity tests, we'll be talking about that."

"Just because you have an affinity for water doesn't mean you can't use other elements like fire. Although you might be able to use it, it might not be strong enough to use for combat."

"For example, a basic fireball spell casted by a mage with fire affinity might be a bit larger than average, while one casted by a mage with water affinity might be smaller than average. There's also a case where the fireball turned out to be as small as a pea."

"If you want to use other elements, it would be wise to think if your affinities would affect it."

"Fire and Earth doesn't mix quite well with Water and Air. Of course, a fairy would be a good help, but they do not like mingling with humans and are rather shy. The number of mages in the kingdom who have fairies only amount to a handful."

"After affinities, we'll be reviewing about elemental magic. The basic ones are Fire, Water, Earth, and Air. Advanced elements are much more superior than basic ones, being Lightning, Ice, Metal, and Sound. Not all mages can easily use them. As they are more powerful compared to basic ones, they also take up more mana, so keep that in mind. Most mages could only cast advanced spells two to three times."

"Forbidden Magic are banned due to being used for evil deeds. An example is Blood Magic, which was often used for body strengthening in the past by adventurers."

"Other than elemental and forbidden ones, there's also varieties of magic like Gravity and Clairvoyance. Some were lost throughout history, and only appears in books such as Time and Space."

"Does anybody have questions?" The teacher asked.

"What about Light and Dark?"

"Good question. Some of you probably has affinities with Light and Dark. They're rare, but the amount of people that has them aren't small."

"Now, some of you may think that Light and Dark is good and bad like written in children's books, but that's not the case. Although those with Light affinities often ends up being healers or support mages, that doesn't mean it can't be used for offense too. Most mages who uses dark magic often ends up being portrayed as villains in history, but that doesn't mean all people who has Dark affinities are evil. Everyone please remember, they're two sides of the same coin."

"An example is Azra Septis, the mage tower's current head, has affinities with both light and dark. Remember, there's also necromancers who has pledged loyalty to the king."

Edited 05/26/23