"Brother," he said, addressing him.

"Thor," Loki replied with disdain, looking at his adoptive brother as though he was dirt. "Coming to pay me a visit after all this time? I'm honoured, truly. I cannot wait to hear you deride me and boast about all your glory."

"I'm not here to make you feel bad, brother," Thor reasoned.

"I didn't say you were."

"I've come to ask for your help once more."

This time, Loki let out a laugh- a true, full, real laugh filled with genuine amusement. Help? Again? What had possibly brought Thor to the conclusion that he was even worthy of Loki's time at all? It was hilarious to him. That Odin's precious son was so entitled to think like that when Loki would've been berated and sent to his quarters if he had thought even a fraction of the same way.

"Please, brother, just listen to me. It's vital that you do," Thor pleaded.

"Why don't you ask those friends of yours, hm?" Loki asked. He glanced at Percy, who was watching the exchange between both brothers with what looked like amusement. "I'm sure the Warriors Three and Lady Sif would be happy to assist you. Or, perhaps, your little mortal pets. I-"

"Your sceptre has been stolen," Thor interrupted. "We've searched for weeks, the Avengers and I. But there's no sign of it anywhere. We're hoping that, with your bond with it, you can find it." He paused. "Regardless of what you say, our father is forcing you to do it. He's changing your sentence to serve the Avengers until we no longer need you and, based on that, he'll reconsider how long you'll serve down here after that."

Loki considered that for a few moments. It was tempting. A potentially shorter sentence, access to more of his magic, sunlight and an opportunity to get out of the cell. Then again, he imagined it would be rather humiliating, just like New York all over again. Being brought to Midgard in chains, power restrictors on his wrists at all times when not in combat... but the positives did outweigh the negatives, and-

He looked at Percy, who was looking at him with a small smile. Loki couldn't leave him by himself down here. He also knew the Allfather wouldn't let him refuse. He looked at Thor. "Fine. I'll oblige. But I have a condition."

"Name it and I'll see what I can do."

"Percy comes with me. I'm not leaving him down here by himself," Loki pointed at him and Thor looked at him as though noticing him for the first time.

"I'm not sure if I can do that, brother," he said. "Father may not tolerate letting out two prisoners. What was his crime?"

"My dad sent me here to steal something your father stole from him," Percy said, his voice tired from sleeping, now standing up and leaning against the wall with his arms folded. "Really, I'm innocent. Odin's just a sore loser."

"I'm not sure," Thor fretted. "Do I know you? You seem familiar."

"I've got a pretty huge family," Percy shrugged.

"He took down Einherjar on his way down here, brother," Loki reasoned. "Einherjar. And he probably could've escaped if there weren't so many reinforcements." He lowered his tone so Percy couldn't hear him, "honestly, I do not think what he's told me is completely the truth. Wherever he is from, it's not Midgard." Thor still seemed reluctant, but Loki was desperate. "Please, Thor. You were always Odin's favourite. He'll listen to you."