-Chapter Twenty-Three-

Start from the beginning

I finished my make up and got dressed and then made my way back downstairs. I called Tati to see where they were at.

"We're literally pulling in now," She answered my call, I could hear the excitement in her voice.

"Y'all they're here!" I yelled to get everyone's attention. The room was filled with mainly employees from the club, a few of Tati's cousins who lived out here, some of Tyreek's homeboys and of course Imani and James came out as well. Despite how intimate it was, the room was loud and you could feel the anticipation. I hadn't even told Imani what the gender was. The only other person that knew besides me was Clifford.

When Reek and Tati came in they walked around and greeted everybody. They came to the table Imani, James, Clifford and I were sitting at, Tati with tears in her eyes. It had only been a few weeks since we were in Jamaica, but Tati's belly seemed bigger, her face was getting round and she was starting to waddle.

We decided to make this event a joint gender reveal and baby shower since we weren't sure what was going to happen with Tyreek's case. Tati was not yet in her third trimester so it was early to be having a baby shower but we wanted Reek to be a part of as much as possible.

"Y'all, this is beautiful." Tati wiped her cheek. "Chey, thank you so much for putting this together. You don't know how much this means to me." She wrapped her arms around me.

"Yeah this is really fye," Reek smiled. "I appreciate y'all."

"As much as I would like to take credit for this cute ass party, this was all Cheyenne." Imani put her hand on my shoulder.

"Forreal Chey? This is dope as fuck, you could make bank doing this." Reek nudged me.

"Awe y'all stop," I blushed. "Just did it out of my love for you two and that little baby in there. Y'all ready to get started?"

I had some different games and activities planned. I didn't want to do too much since the space was kind of small and Tati explicitly told me no corny shit, but I had an Old Wives Tale activity to try to guess the gender, word scramble of different baby items and Blue vs Pink tug of war. Clifford and James were on the pink team while Imani and Reek were on the blue team. Ironically the blue team won tug of war.

After the games everybody sat down to eat. The food was catered by a soul food restaurant down the street that Tati loved.

"Okay y'all, it's almost time for the big reveal we've all been waiting for." Imani announced. Clifford was able to pull some strings to get fireworks at the lake across the street from the apartment building. They started with white and gold fireworks as we all made our way outside. It was a firework show straight out of Disney World. There was a brief pause in the fireworks before the grand finale started.

"Here we go," I grinned. White and gold started up again, with a mix of pink and blue.

"It's twins?" I heard somebody whisper.

Suddenly a flood of blue fireworks started and everyone started cheering.

"It's a boy?!" Tati asked with her mouth wide open.

"Nigga it's a boy!" Reek shouted. "It's a boy! I'm finna have a son!" He grabbed Tati and wrapped his arms around her. "You giving me my son." He whispered as he kissed her forehead.

This moment was so beautiful I was glad we had a photographer capturing it. You could see the pure joy on Tati and Reeks faces. I knew Tati didn't care about the gender of the baby as long as they were healthy, but I know it made her happy to see how happy Tyreek was.

Everyone hugged Tati and Reek and gave them their congratulations. Then we went inside for them to open the gifts. Everyone mainly bought the essentials since they did not know the gender yet but Tati would make a registry for any other items she wanted.