-Chapter Twelve-

After my 21st birthday I was legally allowed to start working at the club. Clifford "hired" me as a bottle girl but I knew what my real role was; to finesse information out of his competition. During my "training" Tati just gave me my uniform, gave me the run down on the specialty drinks and introduced me to the other girls. I was pretty acquainted with the club already because I was literally here all the time, but something about my first night working had me hella nervous.

I paced back in forth in Cliffords office with my bottom lip tucked between my teeth.

"So, I just ask him where he plans to buy properties next?" I asked Clifford. He chuckled and shook his head. This was my third time asking him that question.

"Chey, don't over think it." He had given me my first little secret assignment, to figure out where his colleagues would be buying properties soon. They always kept it on the hush so that they wouldn't have any competition and Clifford was trying to get one step ahead of them. I, of course, was making this bigger than it actually was but I just felt grimey.

"I don't know Cliff I feel like a super spy right now."

"Yeah, well if you were a super spy you would be fired by now. Stop thinking about it so much. Just talk to him the way you talk to me." He said as he smacked my ass and motioned for me to leave his office.

I wrinkled up my nose. "Fine. If you say so." I exited his office, grabbed the bottles Mr. Thomas had requested as I walked passed the bar, and made my way to his section.

It was 11pm on a Friday night and Gemini was packed wall to wall. I entered the booth with a smile on my face, eyes on Mr. Thomas. His eyes locked with mine and did not move, even though he was holding a conversation with the man next to him. There were several other people at the booth, but I knew Mr. Thomas when I saw him because he just looked like money. He had tattoos all over his brown skin, a James Harden beard, and green eyes that were low key scary.

I walked over to him and sat the bottles on the table. There was a variety of dark and light liquors that he ordered for everyone. "What are you drinking tonight?" I asked as I grabbed a cup for him.

"I'll do the Remy Martin," He smiled and went back to his conversation, still watching my every move.

I opened the bottle of cognac and poured it in his cup and sat it infront of him. I took the drink orders of the other people that were sitting in the section with him and poured their cups for them.

He was deep in conversation even though he kept his eyes on me. Being watched made me nervous and made it harder for me to speak up and talk to him.

I was getting ready to leave the booth to go find Tati so she could give me some courage when he grabbed my arm. "What's your name beautiful?" He asked flashing his perfectly white teeth.

"Cheyenne," I extended my hand with a smile as I sat down next to him.

"Pretty name," He kissed my hand. "For a pretty girl." He winked. I was slightly thrown off by his flirtatious nature, but I just smiled at him and watched him as he sipped on the dark liquor in his cup, no chaser.

"How long have you been working here?" His friend asked.

"Tonight is actually my first night." I shifted my weight to cross my legs.

"Is that so? I'll try not to be too hard on you then." He chuckled. I fake laughed at his attempt at a joke and tried to brainstorm how to make conversation with Mr. Thomas. Clearly I was not cut out for the task that Clifford had handed me. He told me to just be myself but how when I knew I was just trying to get this man drunk so he would tell me what I wanted to know.