-Chapter Eighteen-

Start from the beginning

"I got class in a few minutes," I finally snapped out of my thoughts. "Imma see y'all later!" I slid out of the booth we were sitting in and made my way out of the student center.

———

After class I went to the club. I didn't have to work tonight but I just wanted to see Clifford. Class had me stressed out already and it was just the first day.

I made my way upstairs to Clifford's office, the club was damn near silent. The only light was coming from the hall where his office was. As I approached the door, my light knock sent the cracked door flying open. I blinked twice at the what I saw infront of me, and damn near turned around to make sure I wasn't tripping.

There was a lady, brown skin with long curly hair, sitting on the edge of Clifford's desk, her silky legs crossed, grin on her face. Her short ass skirt left almost nothing to the imagination.

Clifford was leaned up against the wall, mid sentence, with a goofy ass grin on his face.

Just breathe Chey, I told myself as I felt my chest get tight. I made eye contact with Clifford for half a second before I started seeing red.

"Chey," Clifford snapped out of his trance finally realizing I was in the room.

The woman turned her attention to me, smile still on her face. Bitch I will fuck you up.

"What the fuck?" Is all I could manage to get out. Clifford stepped towards me and I instantly turned around and walked out of the room, slamming the door in his face. I refused to let him or that bitch see me cry about this shit.

"Baby," Clifford grabbed my arm. "Stop."

"Clifford please get the fuck off me, I do not want to put my hands on you, but I swear to God I'm about to lose it." I said as calm as I possibly could as I snatched my arm away from his hand.

"Cheyenne nothing happened." He stood infront of me, blocking my path.

"Who the fuck is that, and why is she so comfortable just chilling on your desk?"

"She's just a potential partner, and nobody for you to be worried about."

"What you had to fuck her to get her to do business with you?" I snapped.

"You need to relax." He put both of his hands on each side of my face.

"You must take me as a fucking joke." I chuckled in disbelief. "Get the fuck out of my way Clifford." I pushed passed him and damn near ran to my car. I could not believe this shit.

Was he fucking that bitch? Or planning to? What would've happened if I hadn't walked in the room? Was he playing with me this whole fucking time?

I sat in my car for a while before pulling away from the club. On the drive home I blasted music to try to distract myself from my thoughts.

I was at a red light when the neon sign outside of the pizza place on the corner caught my eye. I decided to stop for some food so once I was in the house I didn't have to leave again. I planned on being dead to the world until my next class.

"Two slices of cheese, is that it for you?" The young girl at the register asked me.

"Yeah and can you add a fountain drink." I responded, pulling out my card.