There’s a slight tension in the room as both people remain silent.

Ryujin is expecting Yeji to question or scold her more so she’s very surprised when the woman gets up from her chair, moves to sit on the couch next to her and hugs her.

Relieved, she shifts and returns the hug, wrapping her arms around the other woman. “Am I forgiven?”

“Yes,” answers Yeji. “But not for calling me insecure.”

Ryujin can finally smile. “Okay. I’ll apologize for that again later.” She loosens her hold and uses her free hand to cup Yeji’s face. “I will never lie to you or hide things from you or cheat on you. Ever,” she says as she holds Yeji’s gaze. “I will tell you everything in due time but until then, can you please just trust me? Please? I will beg if I have to.”

Yeji nods, blushes under Ryujin’s intense yet sincere stare and closes her eyes when the latter kisses her slowly, tenderly.

“I’m sorry too. For ignoring you last night and just now,” she whispers after the kiss has ended.

“You’re forgiven.”

“Happy one week anniversary?”

Ryujin chuckles and moves back, giving Yeji the rose. “Happy one week anniversary.” She kisses her cheek. “At least your father let me in. I wasn’t sure he would,” she says as she tucks Yeji's hair behind her ear and adds, “Next time, can you please let me know if you’re angry with me? I got worried when you didn’t reply to my messages last night. All I need is one angry emoticon or a simple ‘IHU RN’ and I’ll back away until you’ve cooled down.”

Yeji can’t stop herself from grinning. “I’m surprised you know what ‘IHU RN’ means.”

“Like I said, I might be old but I’m hip. My tech swag is no joke.” Ryujin leans forward to recapture Yeji’s lips. “Are we good?”

“We’re good.”

“Whew. Thank goodness. I thought this was going to be the shortest relationship I’ve ever had.” Ryujin then takes out a small wrapped package from her bag. “I have something else for you,” she says as she gives it to Yeji. “I hope you like it.”

Yeji puts the rose down on the coffee table and takes the package, noting its simple yet neat wrapping.

“Vintage,” she remarks as she slowly pulls the twine, untying the knot. There’s a tag attached to the string with four words written on it in pretty, cursive handwriting.

‘To Yeji. Love, Jinnie.’

“Nice handwriting,” she says, secretly happy to see the word ‘love’ written there.

“What can I say? My hands are skillful in many areas,” jokes Ryujin, winking at Yeji then laughing when the woman shoots her a not-amused look. “Open it.”

Yeji carefully unwraps the brown paper to see a framed painting the size of a postcard. “Wow,” she mumbles in amazement. “You made this?”

“Yeah.”

“It’s so pretty.” Yeji brings the picture closer, observing every detail.

It’s a watercolor painting of a flower bud, not yet in full bloom, with a butterfly perched delicately on its petals.

“Glad you like it,” Ryujin says. “It’s not big but it’s meaningful.”

“What does it mean?” asks Yeji, turning her head to look at Ryujin.

“Simple. You and me.”

“What?”

“Note that this is metaphorical, not scientific,” Ryujin says before she starts her explanation. “See how the flower’s not in full bloom yet?”