Could it be..

" Did both of you used to date or what?"

Y/n choke on her water aggresively while joohyun just frowned. " What makes you think that." The older protested a bit, glancing or more like glaring at the girl infront of her.

" Are you okay?" Rosé asked in concerned and patted her bestfriend back since the latter won't stop coughing. 

" Yeah, just a bit surprise." 

" Sorry I guess."

" It's okay chae."

Joohyun rolled her eyes watching those two interaction. She felt like third-wheeling here. Somehow she regretted it coming here in the first place. She knew a huge part of her can't stand seeing y/n at all but still she doesn't want to be a bitch towards rosé.

That girl hasn't done anything bad to her since she moved here. In fact joohyun was glad when the latter came. Her other neighbours were a bunch of boys and no way in hell she will hangout with them. Her friends lived pretty far from here and they only went to hangout twice a week which is on weekdays that left the older all alone every night.

Her family still in Daegu while she's in seoul, finishing her studies. 

Back to the present, joohyun couldn't helped but wondering how rosé befriended with y/n. That girl is so soft, polite and gentle unlike y/n who seems always to get into a fight.

They're totally different.

The dinner ended as y/n excused herself to clean the table, leaving joohyun and rosé. Taking this as a great chance to fill her curiosity, joohyun started the conversation.

" Hey rosé, how did you manage to be friend with that girl? No offense."

" Uhm y/n? Oh she is my childhood's friend."

Joohyun hummed in response, thinking about throwing another question but was cut off by the latter.

" Does y/n always got into fights at school?" 

" So she doesn't know.." Joohyun thought to herself before slowly nodding head. 

Rosé sighed tiredly, turning to joohyun with sad eyes. " She wasn't like that before. There must be something to make her do that. I hope you don't hate her for being like that."

Joohyun was stunned with the latter words. Don't hate y/n? Gosh she already despised that girl. But honestly, maybe what rosé just said is right. She as the president, never once asked the girl why she always got into a fight.

A house won't burned if no one started the fire right?

Guilty slowly creeping inside her heart, feeling so dumb and stupid. She should be more open minded, just like her friends whose can actually accept y/n.

Maybe she should apologise. 

Who could have known, just a single sentence from rosé can change joohyun's perspective about the troublemaker.

_________

Y/n woke early the next day and started to prepare herself for a hangout. Rosé said that she would just stay at home and relax since she need to adjust for the whole new ambience which lead to y/n and just yeji.