09

[Kei’s note:  I promised that we will update on weekend but I finished writing it today and decided to upload it tonight. Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy this chapter!]

***

CHAPTER 9

There were a lot of speculations about them but they still can’t believe that the rumor was true. It was expected but they were still surprised. Of course, if there's a rumor, there are different opinions from the people. And the students of Inzhagi University have different views on the ‘new couple.’ The students who really don't care about rumors don’t mind them, they don't care if Song Joong Ki has a new girl or who’s the new girl student celebrity. On the other hand, Joong Ki’s fans were happy because they saw his genuine smiles and laughter again, the Song Joong Ki they knew from the past and their first love. As long as Joong Ki is happy, they are also happy. Yeo Been brings out the best in him and it's the only thing that matters the most. They can clearly see that Yeo Been was a wonderful lady; a woman that they can fully trust when it comes to Joong Ki’s happiness and heart. If the others were happy for the ‘new couple,’ there were some fans who would hate Yeo Been and the reason is they can’t still move on from the past. They were still rooting for Joong Ki’s past romance, unable to let go of the couple who once made their heart flutter and believe in forever. They can't accept it, that the past couple parted ways and had chosen their own career for their future. They even created a group chat where they can talk ill of Jeon Yeo Been and praise the couple they badly wanted to end up together again. The former campus celebrity couple that were like putting two puzzle pieces together, with eyes closed, knowing without question that the other piece shall fit the other. But as you open your eyes and check the two puzzle pieces, they fit together but their patterns are not connected to each other, not forming the image the puzzle intended to form.

As Yeo Been became known not just because she’s the campus king’s new sweetheart, it's because of her great acting skills that she had showcased in the play, some students of IU decided to start a fanclub of Yeo Been. They were impressed by her acting and how brave and natural she is. They felt like Yeo Been was a sincere person, she’s the kind of student that they can relate to and they can easily approach and talk to her unlike the other student celebrities in the school. And of course, one of their goals is to defend Jeon Yeo Been from the haters and protect her at all cost. As Yeo Been receives hate from the other students because she’s in  a relationship with the campus king Song Joong Ki, her fans are ready to defend her.

In the forum on the official website of Inzhagi University, the students’ discussions were all about Yeo Been and Joong Ki.

“I think you should private your account so that they will not be able to message you,” Miri suggested to Yeo Been. They were currently at the open field of the IU, sitting on the grass while drinking soda. Yeo Been looked at Miri. “I really don't care about them—the haters. I—I was just kinda flustered because there were some students that were defending me and they even started a fans club for Pete’s sake,” she exhales, “I’m not a celebrity, Miri.” They even always send her a motivational message everyday and gifts, which she reluctantly accepted. She was grateful for what they always do for her but she just thinks that it's too much and she doesn't deserve their attention. She’s not also used to it; she was once an ordinary college student and no one paid attention to her but after the play, they all just act like they were her long time friends that had just met. Everything was new to her.

“You’re a student celebrity, Beenie. And it's because they discovered you, your magnificent and natural acting skills. Have confidence in yourself. Believe in yourself. Your fans believe in you. I believe in you,” Miri said with a tone of encouragement. Yeo Been can't help but remember how Miri demanded an applause from the crowd after she played the piano, and Larry had to close the curtain in order to stop her.