5. Bright eyes and bad breath

Start from the beginning

"Jimbo, N/N , I gave yous a job" he accused pointing the mops towards the two teens.

"Hey! we were doing it till that bug thing-" Jim defended began but was cut off.

"Belay that! Now, I want this deck swabbed spotless and heaven help yous if I come back and it's not done— morph!" He called.

Morph happily flew to him.

"Keep an eye on these pups, and let me know if there's any distractions" he ordered morph. They glared at silver before sighing at Morph, he had made his eyes grow bigger to 'keep an eye' on them.

As Jim turned his neck to face away from Morph    Y/N was exposed to seeing the cut along Jim's jaw.
"Jim you're bleeding!" She said softly.

"Oh it's nothing" he shrugged off, wiping the blood away and looking at his hand. "You shouldn't of said anything, he could of turned on you next."

"I wouldn't have done it if you wouldn't have gotten yourself in trouble!" Y/N scolded, crossing her hands.
"I'm getting you some bandages, I saw a first aid box in the captains office" She said sternly placing down the mop.

Morph stoped her, flying in from if her face and turning into a stop sign.

"Oh morph I'll be right back I'm just getting some stuff for him" She gestured to Jim after morph shook his head at her.

Morph nodded thinking it was a valid excuse to leave.

"Y/N it's nothing really" Jim complained after her.

"You can handle mopping the deck without me for a few minutes!" She yelled stubbornly with a smirk.

—————

Jim continued to mop as Morph had morphed into a smaller mop and 'helped' Jim mop. He went over Jim's boot.

Jim rubbed his forehead as tiredly before morph flew up to face him, coughing out bubbles in the process. Jim chuckled.

"Well This has been a fun day huh" He joked sarcastically
"Making new friends... like that spider psycho" He motioned a spider with his hands.

Morph turned into scroop while repeating "spider psycho, spider psycho"

"A little uglier" Jim advised.

"Pretty close" He laughed as did morph, demonically pretending to be an uglier version of scroop.

After the laughter died down, Jim sighed.
"Where is Y/N with those bandages" it had been about fifteen minutes since she left.

Morph then turned into a miniature version of her, Jim coked his eyebrow and gave him a questioning look.

sighing, morph turned into a miniature version of Jim wearing a suit and made Y/N wear a white dress, then made the two mini them kiss.

"Woah what!" Jim shouted at the blob. And waved  his hands around to stop him from doing that
"You can't be doing that! Y/N doesn't understand jokes that well!" He whisper shouted trying to catch him.

He then flew near Jim's shoulder and made himself turn into Y/Ns head giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"You better not do that in front of Y/N, it's creepy" Jim scolded.

"What was that?" Called a familiar voice.

Jim turned and quickly grabbed ahold of Morph, instantly he turned back to his normal pink self.

"Nothing" Jim replied flatly with the roll of his eyes.

"O-Kayy? anyway I found the bandages, took me a little while, but here they are!" She giggled stupidly then she said in a serious tone, "now give me your face."

Jim did as instructed as Y/N carefully patched him up.
"Ow!" He flinched, backing away from Y/N.

She gave him a tied look. "I pierced your ear, I can fix up your cut" she said firmly.

"Can you?"
Jim hissed in pain as Y/N gave him a glare and harshly put pressure on his cut.
He rolled his eyes before leaning back towards her.

"Good enough" she shrugged after another few minutes, pocketing any extras bandages she had.
"Now, Learn to hold your tongue"

"You're telling me?" Jim scoffed with a small laugh.

"Excuse me, who was it that almost got killed by.. that guy?"

"Scroop" Jim replied as she had forgotten the name.

"Oh yeah. He was fun" she replied sarcastically, smiling at Morph who now rested on her head.

"Thank heavens for little miracles"
The two turned towards Silver, he walked to the edge of the ship to dump our leftovers left in the pot.
morph flew off Y/Ns head to go and greet him.
"Up here for an hour and the deck is still in one piece"

Jim was quiet at first, beginning to mop again before Y/N caught his attention and nodded her head towards Silver.

Jim sighed.
"Look, I uh- what you did.." he had struggled to find the words before he just gave up, looked up at Silver and smiled. "thanks"

Y/N smiled.  "Yeah, thanks for that"

Silver smiled gratefully.
"Didn't your paps ever teach you to pick your fights more carefully?" He questioned.

Oops. This was a sensitive topic for Jim. Y/N looked at him worriedly as he kind of looked away.

"Hey mine did!" Y/N raised her hands in defence, hesitantly looking away from Jim. "I just got involved cause this idiot decided to speak"

Silver hummed in acknowledgment, turning to gaze at Jim. "Your fathers not the teaching sort?"

"No." Jim spat harshly. "He's the more.. taking off and never coming back sort" Jim replied angrily while swabbing the deck more.

"Aw, sorry lad" Silver spoke softly.

"Hey it's no big deal" shrugged Jim defensively. "I'm doing just fine"
He rested the mop up against the ship before resting his elbows on top and looking out.

Y/N walked beside Jim, placing a hand on his back supportively.
She turned her head back to Silver and shook her head slightly. Like what Sarah said earlier, Jim never recovered.

It didn't help losing Merlin as well. He was a role model to the both of them, When Y/Ns dad was to busy at work and Jim's father just not being present.

Silver rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "well then, since the captain has put yous in my charge, like it or not I'll be pounding a few skills into those thick heads of yours to keep yous out of trouble"

"What?!" Y/N yelled, turning her head sharply to face Silver.

"From now on, I'm not lettin' yous out of me sight!

"You can't-" Jim protested.

"You won't so much as eat, sleep or scratch your bums without my say so!" Silver grinned smugly, banging his hand on the side of the ship.

"Don't do us any favours" Jim yelled, glaring back up as silver, as did Y/N.

"Oh you can be sure of that Jimbo! You can be sure of that!"  Silver grinned cunningly, grabbing each by the shoulder.

——————